Quantcast

Beacon ridable????

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
It rained for about an hour, then was an awesome for the rest of the day. You've got to just bite the bullet and come over here one weekend. We shuttled to the top and rode the Zipper and about a half-dozen other trails about about 12 times. And that was after riding the DH courses until about 2...

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana

This is after riding for 5 hours today. Note the sweatshirt is dry.

edit - this isn't me, it's Eric (sessions a couple posts down).

sessions

Monkey
Nov 9, 2005
Vancouver WA
That is a pretty sweet picture. Thanks for taking the pictures Tony. To all those that thought it was going to be a bad day at beacon really missed out because it really turned out to be a great day.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ya you never know. I hate to drive 3.5 hours oneway to ride in the rain though. We road a little XC trail in Missoula on Fri about 11 miles. It has some nice DH though. It poured rain on Sat and Sat night here in Missoula. Back to Kalispell today

The weather is suppose to get nice this week.

Are there many trials like the Zipper by the Zipper?

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Kanter said:
Ya you never know. I hate to drive 3.5 hours oneway to ride in the rain though. We road a little XC trail in Missoula on Fri about 11 miles. It has some nice DH though. It poured rain on Sat and Sat night here in Missoula. Back to Kalispell today

The weather is suppose to get nice this week.

Are there many trials like the Zipper by the Zipper?
this week is supposed to be all sun, and no rain, you should come out

sessions

Monkey
Nov 9, 2005
Vancouver WA
hey Pete the scream is almost complete the picture is actually my scream I was borrowing a fork until my 888 gets hear. You should come out to beacon with us sometime and maybe we can make a trip to post canyon sometime and we definitely need to hit whistler this summer.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Kanter said:
...Back to Kalispell today...

...Are there many trials like the Zipper by the Zipper?
Doesn't Kalispell have some nice stuff?

There's lots of stuff around if you just look for it. There's also lots of bushwacking that you can do and make some really awesome stuff up. Now's the best time to do it because a couple bikes going down the hill makes a trail. There's also Baldy, the hill just north of Beacon, that has a bunch of trails on it. Nobody really rides it, though.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
bent^biker said:
sweet pic, any more of the trails? trying to decide if I should take the time to go over there.
I don't have really any more of the individual trails, but there's lots of fun stuff to ride up there. I mostly have pics of the step-up after the upper road gap (like the pic I posted).

As soon as I graduate, I get my graduation announcement money. Then I get my camera. :monkey:

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
It was mostly a pretty killer day. Eric and Will were both riding super cute, so here are a couple more pics.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
sad panda said:
It was mostly a pretty killer day. Eric and Will were both riding super cute, so here are a couple more pics.
So cute, in fact, that they had numerous tickle fights on the way down the hill.

edit: had to get one shot of me riding in there...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Radarr said:
Doesn't Kalispell have some nice stuff?

There's lots of stuff around if you just look for it. There's also lots of bushwacking that you can do and make some really awesome stuff up. Now's the best time to do it because a couple bikes going down the hill makes a trail. There's also Baldy, the hill just north of Beacon, that has a bunch of trails on it. Nobody really rides it, though.

Kalispell has some sick stuff but we still have snow. After this week though, we might be able to ride. The snow is melting fast.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Kanter said:
Kalispell has some sick stuff but we still have snow. After this week though, we might be able to ride. The snow is melting fast.
I'm probably going to be going into Montana in the next few weeks to visit my grandparents. Maybe I'll drag along the bikes.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
eric i definately want to head over there again but i don't have much open for a long trip there and back. i am possibly going to be over there for U of I graduation weekend and thinking of trying to hit up the sentinal...but i doubt we'll have time for a trip to beacon...
post canyon is in the works for sometime this summer, my brother wants to hit that place up too!

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
yeah they are so much fun. we were up there today hitting the trail and it is sick. everything is looking nice. we arre having a throw down tommorrow (sunday) and I will probally have soem pics and video when I am done.

Kyle,

freeridenchk

Chimp
Sep 13, 2005
hey guys! i'm from bozeman & me and some buddies are comin for the beacon bomber & definitely want to do some serious riding...what is the sentinel? is it close to beacon? I've never been but heard it's all sweet. so where's the good stuff? would all day sat and most day sunday be enough time to get in all the sickness?

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
freeridenchk said:
hey guys! i'm from bozeman & me and some buddies are comin for the beacon bomber & definitely want to do some serious riding...what is the sentinel? is it close to beacon? I've never been but heard it's all sweet. so where's the good stuff? would all day sat and most day sunday be enough time to get in all the sickness?
The Sentinel is on Moscow Mt. - about 80 miles south of Spokane. 2 days is enough to ride a lot of what's up there once or twice.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
thom9719 said:
this is for you pete.

the O.S.A.D.I.A. Drop

some style off the double step downs.

excuse me for the thread jack :D

Kyle,
looks good, depending on the landing! i am definately coming down there U of I weekend!