Quantcast

Beacon Trail Clean Up Day(Camp Sekani)

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
(thanks for letting me post this reminder!!)

You are are invited to help us ( us being the new mountain bike club) clean up Camp Sekani, which is the name of the city's portion of the trails up at Beacon. The property includes most of the DH course, and lots of the other trails.
Sat 4/16
Time: orientation begins at 9
Where... pull into where the staging area for the races is
cost:free
Bring: work gloves, drinking water

What's going on... trash pick up, cleaning up dumped items, etc.
Why: Support the trails, and making mountain bikers look good for the city, whose land it is. The city is thrilled that the mountain bike club has adopted Camp Sekani, and this bodes well for our future there. We'll have schwag too.

Hope to see you guys.
We've also got a trail work workshop ( hands on, "how to") coming up end of this month, and we are putting together a committee that's working on legal builds for the park. Please if you know anyone who is building up there *anyway* let them know that our group had gotten permission to design and build up there, and we'd love to have their help.

geargrrl
more info on the web www.fttrc.org

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
geargrrl said:
cost:free

geargrrl
more info on the web www.fttrc.org
THat made me laugh :D Sorry...do you normally pay? ;)

Good job for organizing a clean up party....I hope it goes well. I will be attending the Seattle Supercross. Actually I can't lie I am 4.5 hrs away and I don't see myself driving over there for a clean up party if I wasn't going to the supercross.

I attend the local clean up efforts (mostly a offroad vehicle area) that is more like 45minutes away.

Hope you guys have good weather. :thumb:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
RhinofromWA said:

Good job for organizing a clean up party....I hope it goes well. I will be attending the Seattle Supercross. Actually I can't lie I am 4.5 hrs away and I don't see myself driving over there for a clean up party if I wasn't going to the supercross.

I attend the local clean up efforts (mostly a offroad vehicle area) that is more like 45minutes away.

Hey, we are going to Supercross too. Keep you eyes open for us!!! :D

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
RhinofromWA said:

LOL, I just wanted to see if anyone was acutally paying attention.

I just hope no one encounters a literal bag of s**t like my friend who helped on a clean up at Post Canyon last year. And I mean the real deal, not just a bag of trash. Some people are disgusting.

geargrrl.