Quantcast

Beacon Trail Maintenance

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Sunday, Oct 21 9-12

We'll be doing some restoration work on some fall line trails that have been re-routed. Plan on digging in the dirt! Shovels, picks-pulaskis, tillers would all be welcome for this project.

meet at 9 AM at the Sekani lot, inside the gate off Upriver Drive. PM me if you want more info.

thanks a lot!!
gg

also, next FFTRC meeting 10/18 7 PM David's Pizza. You can meet the folks on the Beacon Bike Park design team

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
do you guys have any plans to fix the DH stuff soon it is getting dangerous to ride. it needs it bad and I know a ton of people that will be there to help.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Minor Threat will be there this Sunday, he'd be a good one to talk to about any issues with the DH course. In all of this ( almost three years of "talking about" Beacon issues with all sorts of riders,) no one has ever said the DH course was getting too dangerous to ride. Comments, anyone else?

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
the DH courses is all right it just needs some berm buffing but the rest of the jumps around the scout camp have large piles of sand in front of them and degraded lips. things just need maintenance.

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
I agree that the trails require much more maintenence, I threw a bunch of dirt on some of the rougher sections up there, and eventually got chased away by the 'Trail Maintenence Committee' :monkeydance:

"No you can't maintain the trails, that's what we do!"

"Um ok"

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
Things were way better when Grant and Mike were riding, that encouraged a ton of bikers to maintain the trails and stuff.

It's mostly just promoting and getting things kicked into gear, once everything is smooth and fun again, that will encourage more to upgrade the trails and building, rebuilding stunts.

Safety first also.

With a little work, eventually we'll get everything back in original condition and then there's tons of room for improvement, I think the trail committee is a good idea, and Chris + Wheelsport East know how to build nice and smooth + safe stuff.

Get on your bikes and rally!

I'm currently on the sidelines, my bike is in awful shape. Can't wait until it's rebuilt!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Chris is on the design team for Sekani trails plan and the advisory board for the Beacon Hill project so you can always go to him with issues, questions, ideas etc.