Quantcast

Beacon trail work party Sunday 11/5

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Meet at the lower lot off Upriver Drive at 9 a.m.

We'll be installing some No Motor Vehicle signs provided by City Parks, and doing the final bit of dirt work on the new ladder trail we've been working on all summer. Bring hand/trail tools if you have them - pulaskis, mcloeds etc.

Hope to see you!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
thanks, I'm pretty sure I got permission to use that and others when I was originally collecting pics for various things. IIRC, I asked here and folks sent me links & files ( or something like that) That's a nice one of your lady.~gg

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
update - bring a bike, looks like we'll be hauling tools in the new BOB (!) riding the trails around to the varous sign locations....

XC-HT

Chimp
Nov 7, 2006
Redmond, WA
I'm going to be in Spokane this weekend visiting family and am going to try to make it out to Beacon Hill. I mostly ride XC - is there much of that out there or is it mostly DH/FR? Which entrance/areas/trails do you recommend?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
www.fttrc.org has more precise trailhead directions. Best XC route, involves quite a bit of climbing, is to start at the Esmerelda golf course, ride to the top,( 2 miles of easy climbing) work your way east along the power lines, through the gully, bear right once you are through the gully, left at the Y to pick up the singletrack again and then you'll connect up to Camp Sekani. From Camp Sekani you work your way across and then down almost to Upriver Drive, east, then back up along the east side of the property, cut west along the ridge, back through the gully and back up to the towers to complete the loop. This route is about 9 miles. Sorry, no maps exist yet of the area.

If you are not in the mood for lots of climbing, Riverside State Park offers lots of singletrack too.

gg

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
:picsstfu: am I the only one that wants a visual on these new trails you speak of?
here's one of the wheelsport guys checking out the new ladder on the Kessel run. We've got one more thing to do to the trail (thursday) and then the entrance will be marked, near the top of the old good times trails. 2 or 3 more ladders and a teeter are all planned on this trail. ( legal, with parks' ok) That is the E WA IMBA rep looking on.

also, we installed a bunch of these, city park provided them we installed them

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
high thirtys and raining/snowing this am, weather report shows more of same through the weekend...

The only other pics I have are from when we were roughing in the dirt portions. Hopefully we can get some more folks on board to help with the building - that woud be awesomewe'd get the rest of the structures done a lot sooner. We know there's some talent out there, and we've got the materials, tools, insurance and the OK.... ( blah, blah, blah, I know I'm repeating myself here. .:biggrin:..)

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
We know there's some talent out there, and we've got the materials, tools, insurance and the OK.... ( blah, blah, blah, I know I'm repeating myself here. .:biggrin:..)
now if you were to have coverage for travel expenses... :rolleyes:

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
never mind why we were up there today but here's a few more views of the ladder, and how we marked the entrance. There's 2 or 3 more ladders planned, and some different line when those are built. Slick out with all the moisture, though.

entrance, east of Good Times,

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ahhhh, put some mesh on those boards or people will die. :) That is the wrong wood to make ladders out of that are steep IMO. Good work though.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
That part is coming right up... but expanded metal ( or something like that) not mesh is what we are getting.
What would you suggest, no cedar to split around here? We are after some "trex", too. Thanks for the input - I'll pass it on. I'm not a builder - I take pics and go to meetings.