Quantcast

beacon!!

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
hey anyone around spokane or what not

us wsu people will be heading to beacon in spokane this saturday for some riding as long as the weather is good!!

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
repeat this for this saturday!!! got the whole palouse coming up!!
well not the whole but alot of us!!

we will be there at like 10-11am!!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Anyone want to ride Beacon this next Sat 12th or Sun 13th? We are planning a trip.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I never ridden there but I watched the DH race there a few years ago. The one guy going with us has ridden there a few times. Do you shuttle or do you just ride up? What is the longest trail down?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Beacon is amazing, albeit a little small. I went to Gonzaga last year and would bike 4 or 5 miles after classes to get to it. Great XC and downhill/freeride. Usually very dry and dusty in the summer, but I stayed away during the winter, hella cold; chances are if ate dirt I wouldn't feel it. It's composed of two hills, so if you start at one end and go to the other you can make a long ride out of it, but chances are you're going to do a lot of hiking.

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
the last 3 weekends we have gone and it has been sunny, first weekend had some wetter spots but not sloppy mud, the last 2 weekends have been awesome. the dirt is moist/dry providing unusually great traction (atleast for beacon)

not sure we will make it up there this weekend since pete has lots of projects and work due on monday but i think others are heading up