Quantcast

bear creek

JapaneseZero

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Virginia
planning on it. i dislocated my shoulder on saturday... i need to get a brace for it. how bout you? get that R9 up and running yet?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
ewww... been there. i think will had good results with the EVS brace. i'm heading up friday night. bike is ready to go, hope it doesn't need too much dialing in!

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
ewww... been there. i think will had good results with the EVS brace. i'm heading up friday night. bike is ready to go, hope it doesn't need too much dialing in!
EVS brace is the only reason i was able to ride last season after separating my shoulder. i'll bring it with me in case you need to borrow, kevin... although i have no idea when i'm showing up for the race?

JapaneseZero

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Virginia
will i heard you werent going to be there. if you wouldnt mind bring the brace i would appreciate it. im going to try and buy one and have it shipped overnight.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
will i heard you werent going to be there. if you wouldnt mind bring the brace i would appreciate it. im going to try and buy one and have it shipped overnight.
this is the one i got for my shoulder that worked miracles. i don't really want to do the long drive for one trail to ride, but schwag will be nice. i'm about 75% sure that i'll be there this weekend. i'll bring it if i'm there. i can't remember who i ordered mine from, but i got it overnighted from some moto company.

JapaneseZero

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Virginia
yeah i just ordered the same one... Thanks guys... i think im going to DH only, although if this brace helps that much i may ride DS too... I got a new sunday that i am itching to rock out...

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
i just noticed that the race schedule for bear creek has been posted on racersedgeonline.

below is a cut and paste from the document for those that don't want to download. since they are doing the MAC award ceremonies at a later date, i might just skip this race to go ride mtncreek or elsewhere for the weekend since i really can't improve from my previous 4 races with the best 4 out of 5 format. :biggrin:

Bear Creek Resort
Macungie, Pa.

Schedule of events

Saturday Sept. 16, 2006 8:00am Registration opens for all events.
9:00am Lift opens, all courses open for practice.
10:00am Registration closed for YETI Dual.
10:45am Mandatory Dual Riders meeting.
11:00am YETI Dual qualifying.
12:30pm YETI Dual Finals
2:00pm Registration closes for the day
5:00pm Lift closed.
5:30pm YETI Dual Awards

Sunday Sept. 17, 2006 8:00am Registration opens
8:30am Lift opens, course open for practice.
11:00am Registration closed.
12:00pm DH Course Closed for practice.
12:30pm Mandatory Rider meeting at DH start.
1:00pm Downhill Race. Running Order - Women, Pro, Expert, Sport, Beginner.
3:30pm Lift Closed
4:00pm Awards Ceremony.

* Mid-Atlantic Cup Awards ceremony will be held Oct.21 2006 Location TBD

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
will... last race is worth double points... you should probably show...
REALLY? does it say that anywhere on the site? that really doesn't make any sense. so, if i win 4 out of 5 races and don't show for the last race... i might not win the overall series since they drop the lowest. that really makes no sense if that's the way they do it.

anyone have any clarification on this?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
Points will be awarded to the top twenty-five riders of each class and category. Click here to view point structure. The best four out of five races will count for the Mid-Atlantic Cup standings, with finals being double points.
i don't really understand it myself either. does seem like a thinly veiled attempt to make sure this last race is well-attended.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
i don't really understand it myself either. does seem like a thinly veiled attempt to make sure this last race is well-attended.
i shot hartlove an email about it because it really doesn't make much sense to me. i could have saved $$ by skipping one of the other races if the last one is double points.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
i got a confirmation from mike that the last race is double points. i guess this pushes for good attendance at the final race... a resort that is going to have one trail to ride :disgust:

so why a seperate venue and date to do the MAC series awards is my next question?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best four of five scores will determine the champion. The finals are double points so that would be the score most folks WOULD NOT throw away. If you skip this race you will have earned 200 out of 250 possible points. You'll have to do the math to see if anyone can top you. Best of luck, hope to see you at the race.

JapaneseZero

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Virginia
probably because it will take too long for them to do the math... so how well did that shoulder brace hold you in place? could you dirt jump with it on?

JapaneseZero

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Virginia
will, how long after you separated your shoulder did you ride again with that brace? did you feel comfortable riding or were you tennitive? also did your shoulder come out again with the brace on from a fall or something else like shoulder blocking a tree? just trying to figure if i should even go up this weekend. a lot of people are saying no go...

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
will, how long after you separated your shoulder did you ride again with that brace? did you feel comfortable riding or were you tennitive? also did your shoulder come out again with the brace on from a fall or something else like shoulder blocking a tree? just trying to figure if i should even go up this weekend. a lot of people are saying no go...
hey man... its' really your call. i'm a dumb ass and was riding with the brace about 3 weeks later. i also didn't dislocate my shoulder, but separated it between a type 3 & 4 which is 50/50 on whether to get surgery or not. i elected not to get surgery and lucked out last year by taking it easy (as easy as you can DH/DJing). i don't know about dislocations because that's a bit of a different type of injury. my shoulder never popped out of socket, i torn the ligaments between my shoulder and collarbone pretty bad so that my shoulder now sits much lower than it should which gives me the ugly lump.

the brace was really just a stabilizer for me. it kept my shoulder more mobile while getting thrown around through rock gardens and i used it for a few months to keep me on the bike through last season. i definitely took it easy though and kept myself on the bike because i'm sure my shoulder would have exploded if i landed on it while healing.

i also have a pretty high (and dumb) tolerance for pain so i might not be the best guy to ask for advice on riding while hurt.

when did you dislocate it?

JapaneseZero

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Virginia
last saturday... i can put my hands over my head with no pain, and a dislocation/subluxation isnt nearly as bad as a separation... usually nothing gets torn. brace comes in today. we shall see...

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Just a reminder:

The Kranzel Bike "Fastest Freshman"award going to be given away at the Bear Creek race. Fastest college, or trade school Freshman wil receive $200.00 cash and some cool School type Swag worth over $300.00. You do not have to win!!! Just be the fastest Fresham down the hill in the DH event. Look fior entry forms at registration.

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
Is anyone i know going up on saturday night? A friend from the shop would like to go, but needs a ride. Unfortunately she can't go up with me because she has to work on saturday. Yes, she has a boyfriend.

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO
This is Steve "Wildek" (actually Wilchek, gotta love score sheets) and I just wanted to thank the Kranzel's again for the "Fastest Freshman" award - that was a great touch and definately gave me a light at the end of the XC/DH tunnel known as bear creek to look forward too! You guys rock!! :cheers:

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
probably because it will take too long for them to do the math... so how well did that shoulder brace hold you in place? could you dirt jump with it on?
We need enough time for the Hot Shoppe to produce the Champion Jersies and, Yes - it does take some time to tabulate the standings. Stay tuned to racersedgeonline.com for location of the MAC awards banquet - should have an announcement by weeks end.
Thanks to all who attended this weekend!

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
good seeing y'all out there this past weekend. the trail crew did a pretty good job with the minimal amount of vert and gnar available. perfect super d-ish course for a trailbike. i thought i was going to throw up in my fullface cranking the r9 uphill, but that's just cos i'm way out of shape.

all in all, a very fun weekend only slightly marred by someone's greed and self importance. it was great to see price and beckley destroy EVERYONE on the dual course. thanks to racersedge and all involved for giving us a series to race in.

_bp

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Annandale
Found this in the NORBA rulebook. Does this mean that if someone on a bike without three working gears bothers you, then you should complain before they beat you?

1J. Protests and Hearings
1J2. All protests regarding the qualification of riders or
machines or the regularity of entries or classifications should
be lodged with the Chief Referee before the race.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
but what if you only want to use the rules for your benefit after losing? that really takes all the fun out of rule-mongering... :P

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I have some pictures of the d/s podiums, but I've never posted pics before. some instructions, tips, comments etc. would be appreciated.
You need to host them somewhere first. Easiest thing to do is to get yourself a photobucket account (www.photobucket.com). Photobucket is a free host site for pictures. Upload your pictures to photobucket and then cut and paste the link that has tags that look like:
It's pretty self-explanatory once you upload your pictures. Sometimes Photobucket resizes pictures for you if they are too large and they turn out looking like crap. I like to resize them myself before I upload them. Usually so the width is 750 pixels. That seems to work pretty well. If you don't have photoshop try IrfanView. It's free and does most of what photoshop does. Hope that helps!