Quantcast

Bearing/Bushings for 2002 DHR

Mugger

Monkey
Dec 16, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Hey guys/gals,

Having an issue with my 2002 Turner DHR frame mainly with the main pivot. I tighten the bolt up but it always comes undone, i'm thinking it needs some new bushings/bearings. Anyway anyone know where I can get these?

...Also does anyone know the sizes so I may be able to purchase them at a bearing store if need be and it seems i will have to...

Thanks,
Mugger

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
You can buy a pivot rebuild kit direct from Turner for around 70 American samolians. I had issues with my pivot looseneing and the answer I got from the Honda Turner mechanic at Mt. Snow was 'red loc tite'. Yikes. I used blue instead. It worked. Sort of.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I had that same problem. And the Turner shop I took it to basically did the same thing as what Fool said. The mechanic took out the bolt, cleaned it and reapplied loc-tite to it. It hasen't loosed yet, and that was last Sept of 2004!

But if that doesn't work, I'd def go with a new pivot kit.

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
First of all if you go thru Turner they will usally supply you with everything not just bearings minus the axle.Here in the states at least the bearings are Torrington B-812 they cost me about $5.00us each.And yes clean the threads or everything,reassemble use red loctite on the threads let set up and then lube.

Mugger

Monkey
Dec 16, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Sorry to gravdig own thread.

I know the prices of the bearings, B-812, $14.65 or something about that.

Anyway my question is about the minor pivots with the bushings, does anyone know the dimensions of these bushings?

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
FYI, I wouldn't use red loctite. There are varying grades and blue should work just fine. If you cannot find something more fitting (by ordering through a industry source) then just use blue available at any hardware store. You dont need (or want) a permanant assembly.

If you can order what you want, this Loctite ID # is what I use:

243 - threadlocker - oil resistant - medium strength
242 - threadlocker - medium strength

The reason I would use 243 over 242 is because on larger bolts it allows you to use grease in the assembly. This helps maintaing the threads and pervents corosion.

hope that helps

mike67

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
California
I just went through this last week. I bought the kit from Turner (75.00) it came with everything you will need: needle bearings - bushings & dust seals - linkage and shock bolts - torx head bolt for the main pivot axle - and new axle things that sit inside of the linkage bearings (the linkage bolts run through these). NOTE: there are no more main pivot axles available, so be extremely careful with the axle. The new torx head bolt (for the main pivot) that comes with the rebuild kit has a locking agent already applied - don't know what it is though, looks kind of like a clear glue. The seals and dust rings will need to be super glued onto the swing arm (use the main pivot axle as a guide to line up the seals - they have to be exactly in place or the axle will not slide through properly. I had some troulble removing the old bearings, so I sent the rear swing arm to Turner, and they replaced the bearings for me...they had it back to me in about 4 days!! Just put it all back together last night, and it's like new again. I'd recommend getting the entire rebuild kit.

Mugger

Monkey
Dec 16, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Got it mostly fixed, still niggling out some main issues but that main pivot is fine.

Bought some new bearings for it, chucked in some loc tite and got dad to give me a hand tightening it up a bit tighter, so far so goood...

mike67

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
California
Mugger said:
Got it mostly fixed, still niggling out some main issues but that main pivot is fine.

Bought some new bearings for it, chucked in some loc tite and got dad to give me a hand tightening it up a bit tighter, so far so goood...
main pivot = 19ft pounds
Did you end up fabricating your own bushings?