Quantcast

Bears in North Bend, Wa???

Neal

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
Has anyone seen any bears or cougars up on the exits??

I was up there the other day and the dog got really nervous once we got to the powerlines. I've been riding up there for years with him and this was the first time he's been spooked. I saw some fresh deer crap - but that doesn't usually scare a dog [especially since we have them in the neighbourhood in Bellevue]

I know there's some big poops on the road lower down...but it looked more like horse poop than bear crap. Do horses go on the lower road ever?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
I watched a bear run across the road by the parking area at 27 as well as another one (much larger) on the trail (not the same day). The more the woods are destroyed for housing, the more we are going to see wildlife with nowhere else to go...

Jun 18, 2004
I was riding down 27 about 3 years ago and I skared a bear cub he was running off in the other direction...

I think there is some bears at some of the places that the bbtc rides at... places that your not supposed to mention here...

Ive seen more bears at whistler than around here...

Ive seem some cougars in Joyce...

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
When me and my dog hiked Mt Si, we saw a cougar. I was afriad my dog would go chasing the cat, had to leash him quick. I carry COW BELLS for that reason. I usually put a small one on my dog so it scares off anything he my startle. I heard in Colorado you have to have a cow bell on to ride some trails. They have them for free at the tart and you leave it at the finish.

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
I have heard of sightings both cougars and bears up there in those areas from other people, and wouldn't be very surprised if there is. i have seen fresh bear crap while taking the death march up but have never run into said critters. I too have also shared that same feeling of being watched up there too its a little weird and F*$ked-Up.

Neal

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
Thanks for the confirmation...I think I'll leave the dog at home until at least the berries are off the bushes.

I'd hate to have to carry out the pooch and explain that to the wife. It's bad enough explaining the big bruises and the odd new part on the old visa bill - let alone a wounded doggie.