Quantcast

Beastie Boys in two hours and counting...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
The show was rad, not only did they do the newer stuff, but they included alot of older stuff too. They did a couple set changes and brought out instruments for 'Somethings Got To Give' and some of their other funky stuff. They did lots of audience participation on thei classic songs and generally put on a good show.

Talib Kwalib actually stopped a song and told some dude off, who was trying to start sh!t in the audience.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Tenchiro said:
The show was rad, not only did they do the newer stuff, but they included alot of older stuff too. They did a couple set changes and brought out instruments for 'Somethings Got To Give' and some of their other funky stuff. They did lots of audience participation on thei classic songs and generally put on a good show.

Talib Kwalib actually stopped a song and told some dude off, who was trying to start sh!t in the audience.

the SF show was kick ass too. I loved how they brought that 60's 'lounge' thing out like a parade float for the instrumentals. Also, I was pretty stoked they played Brass Monkey...in all the times I have seen them, even WAYYYYYYYYY way back in the day, they have NEVER played BM...it has special meaning to me that song...it was cool that they played Shake Your Rump and Egg Man too...awesome show...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
dh girlie said:
the SF show was kick ass too. I loved how they brought that 60's 'lounge' thing out like a parade float for the instrumentals. Also, I was pretty stoked they played Brass Monkey...in all the times I have seen them, even WAYYYYYYYYY way back in the day, they have NEVER played BM...it has special meaning to me that song...it was cool that they played Shake Your Rump and Egg Man too...awesome show...
So you were there on Friday night too? That show was fuggin sweet. MMMs entrance? Sick.

Some friends saw the Thursday show too, and were blown away.

The BBs definitely still rock (though MC A was looking a little... uh, old).

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
but they WENT THE F OFF....

Not related, but I saw a sign at a nail place in a little chicken schit town last night called 'FN Nails'. It was funny and I intend to go back soon to take a picture. Don't know why this made me think this, but it did.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I like how they had the runway guy directing the float. :thumb: MMM's enterance was cool too. It totally got everyone pumped.

BigHitExpert

Chimp
Jul 6, 2004
NORTH SHORE
I went last night... here's my review :)

If its gonna be that type of party imma stick my d*ck in the mashed potatoes!
To quote the boys themselves, the title totally sums up last night's Beastie Boys concert. It was f-bombing UNREAL!

We got there around 7:30pm after a tailgate party with Mr. Anhueser Bush and his friend Mary Jane, feelin' good. We heard some action, expecting it to be Talib Kweli opening up, but in total randomness, there was a dog show going on... i was like WTF? but it was really cool anyways.

Talib (from Mos Def fame) opened up and was alrigh... I'd never heard any of his **** before, but I liked his speed and flow as he busted out lyrics, sayin' he loved vancouver cuz we got the best weed. The sound, lighting and effects were virtually non-existant for his performance... always feel sorry for the opening act

We were sitting up in Section 9 in the Blue seats, pretty much right to the side of the stage. The seats were great, although we couldn't see half of the big screen. I was next to the enterance to the stands. The sound was awesome. So after some waiting, the lights go down and out comes MixMaster Mike on a hydraulic platform with his DJ equipment and he just starts bustin' out on the turn tables showin' what he can do. This guy is amazing. Throughout the concert he was bendin' records, mixin' video and audio simultaneously and just full on.

I was worried that they would play mostly new stuff (due to the new album), and not alot of the older stuff, which I prefer. This was TOTALLY not the case.

They pulled out tons of stuff from Licensed to Ill and Pauls Boutique (no Hey Ladies ) and check your head including:

Hello Brooklyn (love that badass bass groove)
Brass Monkey
Paul Revere
Time to get Ill
So Watchu Want

They broke out some phat instrumentals too, which I was totally stoked on... At least 4 songs instrumental style which was just sick.

So they leave the stage and its time for the encore. MixMaster Mike comes back out and hits the intro for Intergalactic Planetary, but the B-Boys are nowhere in sight... then theres some commotion right next to me and its Mike-D, Ad-Rock and MCA.. they came up to the Blues to rock our section!!!!

MCA and Ad-Rock are bustin' out just a few rows ahead of me at the balcony and Mike-D is literally just feet away from me lookin' up and going off... We're going back and forth to the lyrics it was killer! INTERGALACTIC PLANETAR-Y! After the song they all head out, right underneath me and I got a big High-5 from MCA

Up close those guys are startin' to show their age, but from their energy, you could never tell!

It was the coolest **** I ever saw. They finished off with a 2nd encore -- LISTEN ALL Y'ALL ITS SABOTAGE!!!!

Best concert I've seen in a LONG time!