Quantcast

Beatdown: Traction Control

BikeMag

Chimp
Mar 23, 2012
WHEN I WAS DAYDREAMING ABOUT THE COMPONENTS I wanted to put on my editor's choice 'Dream Build' for Bike's December 2013 issue, there was only one option I considered for a rear shock: the Cane Creek DB Air. My dream bike, a Banshee Spitfire, was a perfect match for that shock: A mid-travel, aggressive-geometry trail bike that is an absolute animal on the downhills.

Beatdown: Traction Control

GodSmack

Chimp
May 27, 2013
BC
I have pro pedal on my DHX shock it has a switch like the DB air. I find the pro pedal to be a useless gimmick. The more sensitive the suspension the better it works. Up or down.
One gets hung up because of riding style. If you want to blame your bike. Good for you. What ever floats your boat.

Feb 23, 2011
San Diego
I completely agree. I picked up the Cane Creek DBAir CS (that's a mouth full, huh?) for my Yeti ASR 7. It tamed the frame, made it climb waaaay better and descending has never been smoother or more controlled. My confidence and speed is increasing with each ride. After a month of riding 3-4 times per week, I'm completely sold on the CS. Now if Cane Creek could come up with a switch to help my legs recover faster so I could ride more, that would be great!