Quantcast

Beater hardtail fork

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
With all of the changes I've been making to my SB, one of the thoughts I had was to setup cranks for XC and DH so that I can swap them back and forth as needed. The front derailluer on the SB is totally independent from the frame, so I can just bolt it on as needed.

I realized when going through that idea, that I have all of the parts I need to build a beater HT which I can pull the Burley with, sans cranks and fork. Cranks I can swap between bikes dependent on my ride type on the SB is easy enough, as I am getting them anyways. The only challenge here is a fork.

Any suggestions for a beater 120mm fork that I can just throw on, but not worry about taking a dump on me? 99% of riding will be pulling the Burley, so not exactly rough.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just find an older Marzocchi and call it good. I had an older Fox Vanilla on my Steelhead that I used to pull the Burley with. Did the Portland Bridge Pedal on it, it was a blast. I could use it as a play bike.

I got the disc brake adapter for the Azonic and had the frame mount on the ex'es hybrid. Not that she ever pulled the trailer, but the idea was we could swap between them with the pull of a pin.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if you want a rigid fork.....i have a on one in a storage building you can have...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
no bueno stoney...fork came up about a inch short...

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I have an old Marzocchi Z-1 Bam with an 8 5/8" steerer tube. 5" convert-able to 4", coil, open bath and no scratches on stanchions. Oil was changed frequently so it still has some life left in it.

I also have another Z-1, but it needs too many replacement parts.

PM if interested.