Quantcast

Beavers being blamed for trail damage on an epic scale!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
As I mentioned over on MTBR as well, the MS Ride won't be affected. Minor short term panic came around to a reasonable alternative that I personally think will be even more fun for all.
There's also more pics popping up of just how devestating it was for the SVT on the BBTC list. I guess 12 million gallons of water will do stuff like that.
No trails other than the SVT were affected.

Just glad it happened in the middle of the night and not while anyone was shifting down to hit the climb.

Do you think the Speedy Beavers will know where their kin are? I'm hoping that they did not get washed down and were in the lodge at the time.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Skookum said:
No not the Speedy Beavers. hehe
Hmmmm...just checked out a website by that name.

This one's pretty cute, but from her profile, has an S.O...a fact that should never be revealed to the spankers who'd be cruising their site in search of fantasy.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
llkoolkeg said:

This one's pretty cute, but from her profile, has an S.O...a fact that should never be revealed to the spankers who'd be cruising their site in search of fantasy.
What is S.O?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
llkoolkeg said:
Doh! OK...the joke's on me. :o:

Time to slide back over to the friendly confines of the VA Forum where I actually recognize the cast of characters. :help:
No worries...easy mistake. Sometime it's hard to put two and two together.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
llkoolkeg said:

ahaha us locals try to keep both hands on the keyboard out of respect for our beloved mudhunnies. :rolleyes: :p

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
If it interests anyone else out there....
I was up that way yesterday and there's a new dam being built right by the lodge in the middle of what was the old pond. So, some of the beavers survived.
The damage down below is amazing. There's a gorge where the RR grade used to be. And, the gap in the old beaver dam up top is probably 30-40 feet across and 20 feet deep. That was one heck of a dam.
If you're out that way, it's worth looking at. Pretty cool.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
llkoolkeg said:

Hahahaha llkoolkeg :D

She is hotter in person....but her husband is even hotter (according to her) :)

britinmtb

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
kent
DONT BLAME THE CHICKS THEY NEED TO EAT WOOD TOO :nuts: BUT REALLY YOU CANT BLAME THE ANIMALS FOR US BUILDING IN THERE NATURAL INVIORMENT. WE ARE THE ONES WRECKING THERE AREA