Quantcast

Because you guys out geek me...

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
My boss came to me today and asked if there was any way to effectively, and inexpensively (meaning free and taking little time) to index photos on a CD so somebody looking at the CD could pick out one photo without going through all the photos.

I don't know if I explained what she is looking for correctly, because I don't think she really knows what she wants. Sometimes she gets ideas and since I'm the office geek (I know, scary), I get the questions.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
how many photos? i assume you'd still either need to browse thumbnails, or search via keyword (assuming they were used and are accurate).

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I think I need to clarify what we do. Part of my job is damage claims from blasting. When the blaster gets an insurance claim, we investigate the damage. We take lots of photographs of the alleged damage and make a recommendation to the insurance company. In the past, we have been printing the photos, and pasting them to custom templates from Excel and mailing them to the client. The boss heard of our sister company giving a CD to the client with all the photos indexed and searchable. I haven't seen the disc, and the boss doesn't know if she can get a copy.

What she wants to do, is be able to give the client a CD with the photos titled and indexed, in order, kind of like the hard copy we gave them.

I've seen between 15 and 60 photos, depending on how much damage is claimed.