Quantcast

Becoming an EMT

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Is really freaking hard! If I could focus more of my time on one subject it wouldn’t be that bad, but trying to do it on top of school and work is killing me. It’s incredibly interesting and I’m having fun but man does it require a lot of reading and extra study time. I’m not one to get stressed but I’m feeling on the wire right now. Well enough fun time... back to the books!
Kai- :(

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Wow i kinda noticed you possessed an abnormally large cranium. With all this education you must be getting pretty top heavy by now. :monkey:

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
You should get together with a friend of mine and form a study group... Maybe you're in the same class already and don't know it... :confused:

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
oxygen_77 said:
You should get together with a friend of mine and form a study group... Maybe you're in the same class already and don't know it... :confused:

if lives in bellingham maybe...i do have a study group already too, i study with three other dudes from my dept. but it's still hard.

And skookum...thats my ego not my knowlege :nuts: :evil:

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
HippieKai said:
if lives in bellingham maybe...i do have a study group already too, i study with three other dudes from my dept. but it's still hard.

And skookum...thats my ego not my knowlege :nuts: :evil:
Yeah and none of em are part of ridemonkey either.. ;)

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
EMTs dont get paid crap for the responsiblility they are given. Dont they only make $8-12 an hour.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Kanter said:
EMTs dont get paid crap for the responsiblility they are given. Dont they only make $8-12 an hour.
Honestly it really depends, if you work for a private ambulance company they really only transport old people and mentaly ill people from hospital to somewhere else, so really they don't do much, so don't get paid a ton....

Now if your a career firefighter/EMT that changes things quite a bit

EMT is just a certification we get and it goes into our resumes to help us later on. It's not as if an EMT is really it's own thing, it's usually combined with being a firefighter.

Granted you can be an EMT and not do anything with it...

Long story short, the pay range can greatly vary.

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
Kanter said:
I'm not sure how much they make but it's a bit scary how little training is required and how much responsibility they are given. First responders can be the difference between life and death yet some of them are pretty irresponsible. It's just like the saying "What do you call someone who got "C's" all through medical school?

A DOCTOR."

scary....

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
oxygen_77 said:
I'm not sure how much they make but it's a bit scary how little training is required and how much responsibility they are given. First responders can be the difference between life and death yet some of them are pretty irresponsible.
I'll agree with that to some point.... some of the guys going through our class really scary me that they are gonna get certified,

but then you got others like hippieKai and another few guys who are really responsible and will take that training to the next level and make sure they do it as well as they can!

So try not to be scared of all of us :eviltongu

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
slcpunk21 said:
I'll agree with that to some point.... some of the guys going through our class really scary me that they are gonna get certified,

but then you got others like hippieKai and another few guys who are really responsible and will take that training to the next level and make sure they do it as well as they can!

So try not to be scared of all of us :eviltongu
Oh don't worry, I'm not scared... I know that with anything there are good and bad... Even some of the worst EMT's can save a life (even if only by accident) ;)

oxygen_77

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Kent, WA
slcpunk21 said:
Ok, then maybe I should refraise that you SHOULD be scared... you haven't seen me work yet... :help:

;)
I'm more scared by your spelling of "rephrase" than by the fact that you're a first responder... :eviltongu

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
slcpunk21 said:
Ok, then maybe I should refraise that you SHOULD be scared... you haven't seen me work yet... :help:

;)

yeah it is scarry to see you work :rolleyes:
it's not that you have bad skills....it's just looking at you that frightens me