Quantcast

Beech DH 2012??

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
I'm guessing and only guessing that Beech was one of the three resorts in negotiation for the first round of the GES and since they picked Mountain Creek we might hear something soon

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Is it just me or does that announcement sound like they are opening every weekend starting in June. I know I heard from Chris the thinking was to open for select weekends but that announcement doesn't specifically say they are only going to open for such and such weekend, just that they are opening on weekends starting in June. Nor does it mention only opening on any specific weekends. I sure hope I can get a season pass and create some extra ozone every week.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I wish we could hear something official from somebody. I am pretty sure that all the locals are willing to support as much as we can, season passes, etc., but this ongoing silence I dont think helps either party. I understand things are complicated and people are busy, but a little communication would go along way for the cause. "Help me help you"

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Patience, friends. We were in the dark last year too and it all worked out.

(I understand stress over scheduling for racers but I also understand how hard it is to plan and implement events, been on both ends of it)

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Don't take it as I personally am not being patient..... sorry if it came across that way. I just believe good communication is key to the success of anything, whether it be biz venture, a race, a personal vacation, a weekend ride, a team, a date with your wife, etc., etc., etc.

eccorp

Chimp
May 18, 2010
You could always call them instead of waiting for them to post up something on a bike forum.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Remember how you used to could only find out about races through bikes shop flyers? We used to know about a race 6 months in advance b/c the internet was not made yet. That was when you could really plan ahead.

And promoters were forced to not even have a choice about changing their planned date.

Last edited:

russselll

Chimp
Feb 11, 2012
I can truly understand both side of this for the racers and Beech; racers want dates and Beech needs dates for planning. Reading the article post on the Beech site about the "Bike Park" being operational starting in June, with the GES knocking on it door for a the 1st weekend in June and not being about to work something out that series for date, for June? I understand and very aware of the time and efforts it takes to put on a race and events; planning outlines of think systems, practical structure, hiring and paying employees, gather volunteers, lodging, food, restrooms, bike wash, course lay out with tape and a boundary tape to keep the spectators off and enclosing in on the course, timing and scoring, staging area, finding and securing sponsors, working with land owners, the city, organizational groups, insurance, marketing plan and promoting, getting the funding to be able to pay for the costs race or event and etc. As the calendar year has past and is here, knowing what is in store for the year and it is April, really? It was like last years 2 races where just teasers of what a well planned and layout of a trail course should be. I will support no matter may come about of the racing with other events that may happen at Beech and where ever in the southeast.

Last edited:

russselll

Chimp
Feb 11, 2012
Remember how you used to could only find out about races through bikes shop flyers? We used to know about a race 6 months in advance b/c the internet was not made yet. That was when you could really plan ahead.

And promoters were forced to not even have a choice about changing their planned date.
Yes, I do remember those days, and changing dates the year of and even changing dates year after year, isn't such a good idea for all involved from experience on both sides of races and events.