Quantcast

Beech Mountain DH and DS Qualifier

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
As long as the following protocol is followed:

1. Begin with a traditional firm handshake

2. Keeping your hand clasped with your buddy, wrap the left arm around the shoulder of your friend.

3. Slap your friend’s back two times. The back slap is key. Somehow hitting your fellow man makes the hug more manly.

4. Release embrace.
This Post still makes me Laugh so hard!!!!

Cecil:thumb:

May 30, 2011
Louisville, KY
Does anyone have some contact info for a shop in the area that has small DH bikes that can be rented for the day. My little sister (14) is wanting to come down and race with me this weekend but we don't have a bike for her to race yet. The one she was borrowing was sold recently. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

fourseven

Chimp
Jul 23, 2011
Beech Mountain
Does anyone have some contact info for a shop in the area that has small DH bikes that can be rented for the day. My little sister (14) is wanting to come down and race with me this weekend but we don't have a bike for her to race yet. The one she was borrowing was sold recently. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
no shops in this area rent DH bikes. Maybe they will soon with the evolution of Beech.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
You guys ride safe and have fun. I will be sitting at home wearing my neck brace wishing I could be there. Looking forward to the Nationals.

Please wear your Leatts!

Jay

Last edited:

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
Are there any family friendly trails within pedeling distance from the race? My wife wants to bring my 10 year olds bike, her bike and the kidzaroo trailer with us so she can take the kids out while im on the track. I'd hate to bring all this up there just to find out there is no where for her and the kids to ride.

I wish I could be there...I've been waiting for this kind of race since I started 10-12 years ago. School fees went up 300% and all the money I had is gone.

I've been looking forward to this since February and even joined a gym to get my fta$$ in shape.

Someone please get good video up tommorrow night so i can at least be there in spirit.

Jet

Str8Dwn

Chimp
Dec 4, 2001
ATL
Will see you guys Sunday for the DS race. Haven't raced in 10yrs (Plattekill 2001), but it's sure to be a blast.

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
wow great race and a great course! good to see everyone out there
I had to skip out early to pick up my kiddo... does anyone have the results?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
As I'm sure will be said many times, great fuggin race and supreme thanks to Chris, Moto, Talia (who I did thank personally) and all the Beech staff who I thought were simply great.

Wish I coulda stayed for the DS (to watch mind you), but again, the track is sick and the lift is legit. See you in a few weeks :thumb:

zakkpw

Chimp
Sep 15, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Chris, Mike, Beech and Crew

Thanks for such a great trail and race! Can't wait for Nationals, keep up the good work and lets see to it that Beech Mountain becomes a "Must" destination for anyone riding on the east coast for years to come.

OldSkool

Chimp
Nov 4, 2009
Fletcher NC
Many thanks to everybody who worked on building the course and the beech mtn crew were awesome getting us up the mountain so efficiently. I got in way too many runs in practice. What a blast. We will definitely represent the South well at the nationals next month. I can't wait. Thanks again.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Question:

Were these the NC State DH Cahmpionships? I saw someone's medal afterwards. They look like the ones USAC gives to promoters to give each division's state champion for 1st place.

I ask for selfish reasons b/c if so there were a few of us that were state champ in our age group but didn't receive the USAC State Champion's medal.;)

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
This was my first event and thought everyone at Beech did a great job. Thanks! I Look forward to Beech's future.
03:39.49, Cat 3 for my first race. Is that decent for my first time? What are the points for on the results list?

PennantInd

Chimp
Aug 28, 2011

[sarcasm]Do you think this is a warranty issue, i mean it just broke....can't be his fault[/sarcasm]
That impact was hard enough to leave indentations of the base in the top crown. I would be surprised if any direct mount on the market could handle that load.

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
That impact was hard enough to leave indentations of the base in the top crown. I would be surprised if any direct mount on the market could handle that load.
He said he made the stem himself. The sound of the stem snapping and watching him go over the bars and do a face plant at the base of the jump made it horrible to watch

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
So is that as far as the results will be broken down. It seems like there were more age divisions in each group than just 19-39 and 40 plus. I'm wondering for qualification purposes

Mwehahaha

Chimp
Mar 10, 2008
Brevard NC
So is that as far as the results will be broken down. It seems like there were more age divisions in each group than just 19-39 and 40 plus. I'm wondering for qualification purposes
I am currently sorting through the results to break down the age categories. During registration there racers category was not properly recorded, but it will be sorted so that everyones qualification is appropriate.