Quantcast

Beech Mountain/Lees-McRae Downhill and Dual Slalom #3

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
Will the collegiate dh racers be able to start practicing at 8:30 also (the collegiate race flyer says dh practice is from 10:00am to 3:30pm with racing starting at 4)?
yes, collegiate registration will be at the XC venue to start the day, and then moving up to Beech Mountain Resort. I'll get them the lift passes for the registration there.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Sooo did I miss anything or is the Redbull Nightshift still happening? There hasn't been any buzz about it here lately so just wondering if I need to prepare the lights?

hardtailpride

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
Sooo did I miss anything or is the Redbull Nightshift still happening? There hasn't been any buzz about it here lately so just wondering if I need to prepare the lights?
The NightShift has moved venues to Clemson. Expect full details soon and awesome things to come.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
What? Clemson? Man all the hype for Night Slalom then changing it to Sunday...
Now the RedBull Nightshift is moving to Clemson. Man you guys shouldn't put the info out there in the future without KNOWING it's going to happen. I know several people who are not coming now because they scheduled off for work on Friday to do the slalom. I am sure there will not be too many people happy to see the Night DH race cancelled as well. And this is the notice? Wow. Sucks!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Don't think I will be making the last race at Beech this year. Saving for a long riding weekend at Snow Shoe before the end of the year. If anyone wants to go up with us PM me. We will be going within the next Month.

Cecil

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
What? And this is the notice? Wow. Sucks!
Yup, I feel sorry for you GA and FL guys that plan your travel in advance only to have things change right before the event. I've personally known that the Night Shift wasn't going down but I guess they didn't really make a public announcement for all the home boys out of the High Country.

Thats pretty sweet that Clemson is getting the night shift, that should b rowdy:thumb:

Speaking of rowdy, We just got the first few dump truck loads of dirt moved for an ASU collegiate Slalom...

I'll be out at beech in full force with the PA system. Expect some new tunes and lots of free Monster Condoms!

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
We'll be having shirts for all racers attending the downhill finals along with the grill running for lunch!

caleb

Chimp
Mar 30, 2010
what is the course like? i just read somewhere that it was toned down so that collegiate XC women could make it down?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i heard that there might be naked ladies in the trees...like syrens on the rocks at sea to lure sailors into the rocks! ;)

i'm going because two other people have raced my intense before i've had the chance to do it on my own bike ;)

FloridaFish

Chimp
Apr 8, 2009
Yup, I feel sorry for you GA and FL guys that plan your travel in advance only to have things change right before the event. I've personally known that the Night Shift wasn't going down but I guess they didn't really make a public announcement for all the home boys out of the High Country.
I made it to all three races last year and had an absolute blast trying out DH. I had to bail on this year's races when i heard that it was a single day of practice/race. I can't justify all the driving/hotel/gas/etc for only one day on the mountain. hopefully things are a bit different next year.

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
LOL btw my comment was a joke....i had never ridden beech till today, haha...

Um basicaly it is a mud slide right now, lol

LOL btw my comment was a joke....i had never ridden beech till today, haha...

Um basicaly it is a mud slide right now, lol
Mudslide would be an understatement. I think you could count the riders that had good runs on one hand today.

That was the most physicallly taxing race I have had in a long time. I think everyone was just about worn out by the road crossing.

Stupid mud...still had fun.

Anyone know how I did? I had to leave at 5:30 so I would get home at a decent hour.