Quantcast

Beech Mountain Trail Day 5/21 - need help building rad trail

stackout

Chimp
Jul 21, 2005
Boone, NC -> Cleveland, Oh
ATTN SOUTHERN GRAVITY RIDERS.

I'm building a 2.5 mile "Super-D" trail with 1,200 feet of descending and I seriously need your help. While its not full-on DH riding, I want it to be something you folks really have fun ripping up, while still be ridable for skinny XC pukes on short travel bikes (like me). This will be the first trail in a system that will ultimately offer A LOT of the kind of riding you all love, while being free, legal, shuttle friendly, and has EMS close by that knows how to find you.

-stack

Standard spam text follows:

Boone Area Cyclists are sponsoring a trail day this Saturday and we are going to be improving and expanding some pretty awesome high altitude single track only 30 or 40 minutes from downtown Boone. We will be working from 10 to 2, and then riding the rest of the day. You can find all the info and RSVP on the Facebook event page and you can see trail maps and more at www.beechmtb.com

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I might be able to make it up this weekend stack. I've been looking for an excuse to make it back up to the high country.

stackout

Chimp
Jul 21, 2005
Boone, NC -> Cleveland, Oh
We will be working from 10 to 2. Here are directions

From Points East:
Drive to Banner Elk, NC. At the stoplight in Banner Elk, take a left on 194. Go 1/4 mile and bear right onto 184/Beech Mountain Parkway. Drive to the top of the mountain (about 3 miles). Turn left after Mr Beech Realty, before Sledding Hill, and across from minigolf onto Oz Rd. Stay on paved road going up hill, through gate and across ski slopes. After crossing ski slopes, go through next gate and bear right on the unpaved road. Take the next left, and drive several hundred yards to work site where Jackalopes Mile trail crosses road.

Directions on Google Maps from Banner Elk here:
Banner Elk, NC to The Oz Rd - Google Maps

From Points West:
Take US-19E into North Carolina. Turn Left on NC-194 North. Go 6.6 miles and turn left onto NC-184/Beech Mountain Parkway. Drive to the top of the mountain (about 3 miles). Turn left after Mr Beech Realty, before Sledding Hill, and across from minigolf onto Oz Rd. Stay on paved road going up hill, through gate and across ski slopes. After crossing ski slopes, go through next gate and bear right on the unpaved road. Take the next left, and drive several hundred yards to work site where Jackalopes Mile trail crosses road.

Directions on Google Maps from Johnson City, TN here:
Johnson City, TN to The Oz Rd - Google Maps