Quantcast

Beech MTN Bike Park??

CLos

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
With the official end of ski / snowboard season now past Beech has already posted some race dates for 2013.
No information as of yet about the bike park. I wanted to ask if any one out there had any news dates,
trail schedules, additions or any information at all. 2012 was originally intended to include soft opening dates but did not happen.

This is something that local gravity fans are still hoping for and would like to know
it is still a plan.

http://mtbparks.com/North-Carolina/255-Beech-Mountain-Resort-Bike-Park/View-details.html

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
She's supposed to send me all of the info this week and I just send her a message as a reminder. If I see something, I'll post up.

CLos

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
I hope that I am wrong in not expecting the best news, but I am wondering why a place of buisness wanting to drive up interest in a park would not advertise sooner.

Last edited:

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
I hope that I am wrong in not expecting the best news, but I am wondering why a place of buisness wanting to drive up interest in a park they would not advertise sooner.
Exactly
It is kind of sad really

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
Exactly
It is kind of sad really

The plan of operating this summer has never changed. We intend opening June-September. There are a lot of variables that prevented us from being more specific.
#1 we had to finalize the lease of the bike shop(magic cycles is coming to beech)
#2 we are tearing down the barn at the top of the mountain, we were not sure when it would be ready
#3 we are building a new bar on top of the mountain

Because of these items, we had a lot of times, and dates pending, which is why it took us some time to release information. We did not want to release anything that we would have to change. You should see a detailed release this week.

If you have specific questions, give me a call.

Talia

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
The plan of operating this summer has never changed. We intend opening June-September. There are a lot of variables that prevented us from being more specific.
#1 we had to finalize the lease of the bike shop(magic cycles is coming to beech)
#2 we are tearing down the barn at the top of the mountain, we were not sure when it would be ready
#3 we are building a new bar on top of the mountain

Because of these items, we had a lot of times, and dates pending, which is why it took us some time to release information. We did not want to release anything that we would have to change. You should see a detailed release this week.

If you have specific questions, give me a call.

Talia
Talia thank you for this info! We just want to know what is happening. The new barn I'm guessing is the top lift building?
Please continue to keep us informed.mbrennan's comment was because there was no information being supplied to us riders. Bad news - good news I don't care,I just want to know if I can plan to ride Beech.