Quantcast

Beech Mtn Resort 2013 - Park and Race Info Thread

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Can't wait to get back up there.:crazy:
Hey Dave,
Today, I just had to "out do" your crash you had at Beech. Full Speed ragdoll, and the first thing to hit the ground was my D3. Goggles had gravel rock scratches straight across the lens. Helmet and goggles totally saved me, and I cant believe I walked away.
That said, Race next week!!:)

rex diablo

Chimp
Jan 25, 2013
Thanks to Rex Diablo for keeping me company (yeah, he's probably hooked)
Thanks for showing me the ropes! Already ordered my pads (and gloves that will hopefully hold up better should another tree jump out right in front of me.) Figure I'll go race next weekend, and be sure I'm still in love before ordering a downhill bike, though. Lets go last place beginner!

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
Hey Dave,
Today, I just had to "out do" your crash you had at Beech. Full Speed ragdoll, and the first thing to hit the ground was my D3. Goggles had gravel rock scratches straight across the lens. Helmet and goggles totally saved me, and I cant believe I walked away.
That said, Race next week!!:)
Glad your ok.. no fun being ragdolled at this age, the aches & pains stays around a little longer. Yes next weekend. Be there Saturday morning

mlin32

Chimp
Apr 12, 2012
WNC
It's a good thing most people stayed away from Beech today cuz it was a soggy, wet, windy, and chilly mud bath........I don't think I've ever had to spend this much time cleaning off my gear BEFORE bringing it inside to be washed.

Wish I could have made the decision before driving 2 hours and realising how wet it'd be.

OldCrow

Chimp
Apr 29, 2012
East Tn
:weee:
This is a reminder for you too remember later; You will be hooked on DH and lift assisted riding, there is no cure.Money and ability will slow the process down but never stop it.
At this moment ability(surgery) is slowing me down, other wise I would be at Beech or Windrock or Snowshoe or Timberline or Mountain Creek or Plattekill or Whistler or etc-etc.
I hate you people 2 broken elbows 1 elbow surgery 1 shoulder surgery! & I just got started & I cant wait to do it again all healed up but only for a little while

bmxerjosh1

Chimp
Mar 7, 2011
Anyone have pics of the dual slalom course? Last I saw it was a line of dirt jumps. Thinking about hitting up the race this weekend and was just wondering what it was like. Also which DH course will they be racing on this weekend?

brokeONE

Monkey
Feb 2, 2002
asheville,NC
Is the only way to get to the top of the jumps on the left side of the slope(on left*going up slope) to walk up from the bottom. We looked all over for a trail to them from the main slope.

Is anyone camping for the race this weekend?

dirtinmyeye

Chimp
Apr 16, 2012
_MSL2429.jpg
This was the view from the lift on Saturday - July 13th. Looks like they have one lane done. My boys rode it and they said its all tables - no gaps. It was looking good.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
View attachment 114082
This was the view from the lift on Saturday - July 13th. Looks like they have one lane done. My boys rode it and they said its all tables - no gaps. It was looking good.
Thats not the slalom track anymore. The dirt isnt very good and it was really beat up after winter so I turned it into something that will hopefully be a little easier to maintain. There will be a new one over on riders right going up the lift. Closer to the village and a bit less exotic than the nationals track but should make for some good racing. Mostly all turns- flat grass, flat dirt, berms, off cambers, etc.

NCBMXPRO

Monkey
Apr 22, 2005
Charlotte
Thats not the slalom track anymore. The dirt isnt very good and it was really beat up after winter so I turned it into something that will hopefully be a little easier to maintain. There will be a new one over on riders right going up the lift. Closer to the village and a bit less exotic than the nationals track but should make for some good racing. Mostly all turns- flat grass, flat dirt, berms, off cambers, etc.
Any pics of the new build?

I had a couple people give me the sad dog face when I told them we were not racing the old course.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Rumor is "pro" course but with a different upper section... I saw what I suspect are the beginnings last weekend from the lift and looked cool.

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
can anyone comment on conditions? I just got to Banner Elk and saw lots of puddles on the way in....spikes??

NZRipper

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I was really impressed with everything that went on this weekend. A well run event at a great venue. Thanks to all that made it happen.

Last edited: