Quantcast

Beech Mtn Resort 2013 - Park and Race Info Thread

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
Season Passes
$200
If you have a pass race entry fees will be discounted.

The pass office will be open all weekend. (Administration)

After this weekend, the pass office will be open Fridays from 12-6. Or if you want a pass you can email me your picture and info at tfreeman@skibeech.com. I can have it ready for you and available for pick up.

Operating Hours
Friday 12-6
Saturday 10-6
Sunday 10-6
All Day Pass: $30

Lift ticket sales will be sold in Ski Beech Sports. Magic Cycles is located in Ski Beech Sports, offering a rental fleet and service. The Beech Tree Bar and Grille will be open serving beer and food.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Is anything life ever perfect? For that matter, what's the definition of perfect? I'd bet you ask 10 different people, you'll get 10 different answers. It's all subjective.

In the end, focus on the positive side of things that there is now a DH specific place to ride today that wasn't there yesterday. Focusing on anything negative and burning the house down isn't good for you, any resort or the community. Not saying criticism isn't or can't be constructive, but don't be destructive about it in how you deliver it.

Be thankful for what you have, not what you don't have.

How can I help with the success of the park? I am behind it 100%.

Last edited:

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
ps- I replied to this post while doing a pilates workout, eating my lunch, and talking to a bridezilla on the phone...

This weekend is going to be fun: ) We are stoked and I really do not mind suggestions and input.. bring it.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Thanks for the support guys. I hope everyone can make it to brews and views/grand opening in july..
Thanks for the response! Just wanted to point out that most of us are being constructive and weren't questioning work ethic or anything like that. We just want it to succeed as much as you do.

Do you solicit and entertain advice from an internet forum for your business? If so, where so we can heckle your business
Yes, it's called Facebook. Literally every day we are interviewing customers and making changes based on their feedback. That's a huge reason my business has been successful and has recently become an industry leader in our employment practices.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
We are stoked and I really do not mind suggestions and input.. bring it.
I will give you my quick suggestion. The focus should totally be on the trails. You will get back way more money in the long run by paying proper trail builders now like Motomike, Mueller, etc...
And I can guarantee you that if the trails are great, people will be lined up every weekend.
You guys have everything else you need to succeed.

NZRipper

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Charlotte, NC
:thumb: thanks for checking in Talia... I feel a lot better now ;) ... and I absolutely agree that the most important thing is to have a great product, if you haven't got that it doesn't matter how much marketing you do, people wont be coming back.

d

NZRipper

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I will give you my quick suggestion. The focus should totally be on the trails. You will get back way more money in the long run by paying proper trail builders now like Motomike, Mueller, etc...
And I can guarantee you that if the trails are great, people will be lined up every weekend.
You guys have everything else you need to succeed.
Not only can Jeremy ride a bike faster than me, he can also type faster... I'm glad we agree :-)

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Headed up there on Monday to work with Ric and the crew for a couple of weeks. CALM DOWN PEOPLE!!!! Everyone at Beech Mountain has great intensions and wants nothing more than to have a badass bike park for all of you to enjoy.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My comments have been misconstrued. My intent with the "5 year" comments was to let riders know that a bike park's success can't be created overnight and that it will take patience on our part as we watch it grow.

To Talia, I DEFINITELY believe it will be a money maker and I really thank you guys up there for looking at the long term. I can't imagine how much dedication to the long term benefits it takes for you to put in so much of your time and commitment and to remain open to all sides.

Field of Dreams baby!!! :thumb:

DaveBethea

Monkey
Jul 22, 2009
Daytona Beach,FL
Crazy seeing all this bitching going on. Beech has been an awesome place to ride for years. All you guys in the Carolina's & the surrounding area's need to be at Beech atleast every other weekend supporting this place. You do not know how lucking you are living withen 3-5 hr drive away. I'm building my old 2001 Turner DH bike up just to have as a spair bike to get extra friend to drive 9-10 hrs to ride at Beech. Talia don't mind these guys they have nothing better to do. They should be out riding their bikes...Hopefully I can make it up the second weekend.

Last edited:

beechmtndh

Monkey
Jun 5, 2010
map.jpg

We wont have new signage and maps done for a few more weeks,as we still be opening and developing new trails. This is Phase 1 that will be open this weekend. You will notice we utilized the existing trail system, but you will see some nice additions and changes. It will be a good time for sure.

I will keep you posted on the progress. I will upload additions as they come.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I know Beech has it's own weather patterns....so, what's the weather looking like with this storm rolling through the rest of the state?

ininerider

Chimp
Jul 5, 2009
Banner Elk NC
Went up today and did some runs. A little sloppy but fun. The resort has done a ton of work already. They had a pretty good turnout and if it does not rain tonight the trails should be good for Sunday. Come out and support Beech MTN!!!