Quantcast

Beech Super-D

stackout

Chimp
Jul 21, 2005
Boone, NC -> Cleveland, Oh
how was the turnout ?
64 for SuperD, 40 for Short Track, 104 registrations (not actual starters) for XC.

After somewhere between 100 and 150 hours of trailwork, 750 miles of driving to and from the mountain, including trashing a tire and my exhaust, as well as probably the better part of 200 hours of race planing, exclusive of gas and repairs, this race net exactly $52.50. I am looking at offering another race in August, and I am going to find out if I can use that course, with a few changes of course, as a DH qualifier for nats, and will give some kind of price break to all of you who could not come out today.

If you still want to rant, go ahead.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Wish I could have made this man, I had 3 three things going because of bad planning on my part. Sounds like you had a pretty good turnout though especially given the fact you had to also reschedule due to the weather. Thanks for all the work you put into it bro. Did anyone take any pics?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
JFYI - Beech and Paris Mtn. are suppose to have DH Nat's quallies in August.
There is also the Dark Mtn. Super D
Last I heard no paper work has been sent in for the Paris Mtn. race. This was as of Thursday. I am not part of this race this year so only going on what I have heard. The guy running it this year is a great guy and will do what it takes to make it happen. I hope things work out so all can use Paris for a qualifier.

Cecil

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Last I heard no paper work has been sent in for the Paris Mtn. race. This was as of Thursday. I am not part of this race this year so only going on what I have heard. The guy running it this year is a great guy and will do what it takes to make it happen. I hope things work out so all can use Paris for a qualifier.

Cecil
Paperwork is done, fees paid, no approval yet from USAC , the guy in charge is out this week? so hopefully soon the sh!t will be done soon we can officially announce it.

there'll be a race August 28th regardless of qualifier /sc state championship

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
this has not once stopped a promoter from announcing such in the past. I even had a promoter snag a sponsor one time saying he had the State Champs for NC when I had it. :D
and how's that working out for ya Butch?

Hey Butch, there's gonna be a race at Paris Mt August 28th details coming soon!

Last edited:

stackout

Chimp
Jul 21, 2005
Boone, NC -> Cleveland, Oh
would have to quit raining for 10 minutes first.
Seriously. It was riding great on Thursday, but word has it the trails were a sloppy again during the 10K this past Sunday. Since only a couple people voiced any interest, and since it's been really hard to determine what weekends are being occupied by bigger events, rather than try to rush and put on something half-assed, I'm going to wait until next season.