Quantcast

beef ribs FTMFW

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
wow....i've only ever grilled pork ribs, and when i do beef it's in short rib style, braised over low heat. well i took a recipe from Cooks Illustrated today and it blew my socks off into the next county. . .

slow-grilled ribs (~2 hr, heat off the side the ribs were on), homemade bbq sauce, then i cooked up some black beans, and roasted some acorn squash.

made a salad, poured some Ridge zin....yeah, all meals should be like this.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
for the ribs, i mixed salt, black pepper and chili powder, coated the ribs, and let 'em sit for an hour or so. heat the grill, then kill the burner on one side, and put the ribs there...cook 'em for ~2 hr.

the sauce was a bit more involved. i know you started w/ foamed out butter in a hot sauce pan, soften some onions, add chili powder, garlic, white vinegar, ground mustard dissolved in some water, and tomato juice. bring to a boil, reduce heat, and reduce in volume. towards the end add in 1/4 c of white vinegar and some black pepper.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Sounds good. I never believed beef ribs could could be good until I had some Santa Matria style in San Luis Obispo.

No other cooking rag comes close to CI.