Quantcast

Been dead...

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I hope that meens everybody is diggin and riddin:clapping:

I guess I'll add some content by showing what the dumb turtle is up too...

Pierced 2" down tube... why not right?...

My welding is still sh!tty, but hey I'm not trying to impess anybody with my bike building skills.

The old man is finally building big boy jumps....

I still manage to speed jump it and get like 2" of air but you gotta be good at something right? ;)

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Right on! Thanks for the cool pix.
Keep hitting the jumps, you'll get some flow and some pop eventually. :)
Flow is definately not a problem, I just have a racer style. I used to ride with a xc speedo on my bike and do run after run trying to see how high I could get the max speed.

It creates a problem doin trains, I almost allways have to be out front or it gets dangerous. Last weekend we were doin trains and after some transfer lines I ended up behind a friend of mine going into the jump in the pic, he did this big stalled out 3 turndown and I was hauling a$$ scrub whipping it and we both ended up on the landing at the same time with me half wheeling him up the next lip.:poster_oops:

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
Thank new frame looks interesting. I can't wait to see it. Did you make that jump bigger Again??? Are you trying to kill me?! I need to come train on the jump track this week, I sucked pretty hard in my race this weekend.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
It creates a problem doin trains, I almost allways have to be out front or it gets dangerous. Last weekend we were doin trains and after some transfer lines I ended up behind a friend of mine going into the jump in the pic, he did this big stalled out 3 turndown and I was hauling a$$ scrub whipping it and we both ended up on the landing at the same time with me half wheeling him up the next lip.:poster_oops:
LOL. Train timing creates endless amounts of fun. Never put a racer style behind a booster... unless you like that kind of danger. Haha.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
The jig is something I built in 2002, it can be a pain in the a$$ to set up but I just do a frame here and there so its not too big of a deal.

Yeah Toaster, we need to get the rollers finnished so we can do some legit laps. You can work up to 40 jump sets, Tae Bo my A$$

Jason, some people might come by for a sesh around the us open I will keep you posted.

ServeEm, I can do some pics of my next project if you want. Its going to be a 24" Track and Trail for a friend of mine

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Thanks for the links, some cool bikes. I can't remember where I saw the pierced down tube first but I allways liked it.

A friend and I talked about doing something like this....

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/vdc/18001

put a gas cap on the top tube and paint it like a old school kx 125, just to be funny.