Quantcast

been doing some digging...

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
rebuilt the berm, finished up the lander, and built most of the next launch. the going is slow but steady. 2nd hit is gonna be a right hip i think

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Lookin good, J. Looks like you might have some problems with cracking when that stuff dries out. Water it, sweep up some dry dirt on it, and smear it... should do the trick.

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
Dude... you're in nor cal... there is nothing but space up there.
Im in palo alto, and there is nothing but yuppies up here. me and a few locals have a nice spot but sheriff's roll through now. I've been searching for a new spot but it's alot harder than you may think to find a spot that has water, decent dirt, and isn't on private property.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Im in palo alto,
QUOTE]

hey man, i lived around the san jose area back in the late 80's and on to 1991. I remember mobydick bike shop, is it still there?

sorry for half thread jackage. that dirt looks good and thick. berm and lips looking good.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
No Idea. Calabazas cyclery is still there though.
cool. i used to live on the navy base and we used to sneak off (against parents rules) and ride our bikes over to calabasas a few times when i was pretty young. good times. don't know calabazas cyclery though.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
Im in palo alto, and there is nothing but yuppies up here. me and a few locals have a nice spot but sheriff's roll through now. I've been searching for a new spot but it's alot harder than you may think to find a spot that has water, decent dirt, and isn't on private property.
I am from Far Norcal, but lived in the Bay for a few years. I started building near Santa Teresa Creek trail. Look it up if you don't know where it is. The creek is super long, year round, and pretty low traffic near the IBM area. I left for LA right after I started a spot down there. In hindsight, there were so many places south on that creek that I should have been working on.

What you need to do is get rogue and drive up behind Huddart and start building by La Honda. There is tons of water access and it is not as popular as Huddart.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
grom... where is that pic you first posted? With the milk crates sticking out and stuff? Big improvement - those are some proper jumps and berm. You should be siked with the turn-around. I can tell you got the dedication - most kids would be pissed about the original comments but it looked like you took it well, studied some pics of Zach's and many others fine work on here, and got back to work. Nice.

Now get some action pics... :thumbs:

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
grom... where is that pic you first posted? With the milk crates sticking out and stuff? Big improvement - those are some proper jumps and berm. You should be siked with the turn-around. I can tell you got the dedication - most kids would be pissed about the original comments but it looked like you took it well, studied some pics of Zach's and many others fine work on here, and got back to work. Nice.

Now get some action pics... :thumbs:
thanks man, i appreciate it. i'm really anal about shaping jumps haha. i just got busy and rebuilt stuff. and eys, i do model my jumps after zach's a fair bit :biggrin:

here's what was there

it's definitely come a long way. i need to take a few trees out for run out and lander for the 2nd hit, then it's diggin' time again. i'll have an update in a few days again.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
$hit is looking dope man. You got the build skillz.
damn thanks bro, coming from you, i'll take that as a compliment :biggrin: here's another angle of the 2nd lip. it's hard to get a good picture of it. it does have curvature, it just looks flat in the pic i messed the direction up a bit, so i'm not sure if i'm going to move it around or not. it's about waist high, i'm making it about 6 inches or so taller though, once i face it.