Quantcast

Been waiting to get "her" for a while

ewiccami

Chimp
Dec 9, 2003
San Diego, CA
Been Waiting For this for a while. I haven't raced DH in about 7 years... Things have changed since then. Hopefully this'll help me out. I'm sure gonna need it.

Immediately upon arrival

Start with the big items first or course, or well that which comes in the biggest box first

Drivetrain next... Arrgghh... need wheels

What the front end looks like with out a wheel : S

Just give me a few hours... Get some sleep then finish wheels : )

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Oh man! Eric's gonna be at woodward. I can see it now.... a ZCbikes jersey on the podium. Ozzer let me ride his 303 when he had it. I cursed him for it cuz my mPire felt like poop afterwards.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just a word of advice... next time wait until AFTER you lace up your rear wheel to put the cassette on... they can be a real b!tch to get off just a hub.

other than that......... I'm jealous.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Oh man! Eric's gonna be at woodward. I can see it now.... a ZCbikes jersey on the podium. Ozzer let me ride his 303 when he had it. I cursed him for it cuz my mPire felt like poop afterwards.

I won't let you near my M6 then.
Nice ride eric. Hope to see you out in Serpent one of these days.
Long stemmed q-tips help for the vertical rail. :p

I kinda miss my 303....kinda

May 6, 2004
Just give me a few hours... Get some sleep then finish wheels : )
When my yeti 303 frame arrived it took me hours without sleep to finish putting the bike together. Funnily enough, I aslo was waiting for the custom wheels.

This is how it looked before the UK Yeti Tribemeet :banana:

And this how it looked during:

Make sure you post hundreds of pictures once built :)

ewiccami

Chimp
Dec 9, 2003
San Diego, CA
haha... ya, i know about the cassette advice. I just opted to tune the drivetrain before building my wheels. Yes yes, I know, completely backwards. You should have seen how many times it took to get the tires facing the right direction (don't ask). So I left the shop late last night, without complete wheels. Instead of going home and sleeping I laced up the wheels while my wife waited for me to get in bed. First time EVER she went to bed before me. Wheels are all laced up though, and trued, dished, etc....

Here are some more pics for you guys:

A "Funn" seat for my new fun bike. I actually like the cover on it, doesn't look like it'll get too torn up, plus it looks cool with the snow camo. Got to rock the Thomson, they last forever (well for most people).

Shop logos applied. Tires and Wheels put on....

All "spinished!" Took her for a test spin around the Rite-Aid parking lot and nailed the planters/curbs at full speed. No slow down at all... Pretty cool! She's got me all nervous and gitty. I'm sure she'll lay the smack-down on me, though. Or at least make me do something really really stupid. It'll be great!

Oh ya, those cranks are Raceface Atlas'. I liked the machine look, but more importantly they were available now. It was actually tough locating a crank for an 83mm bottom bracket shell. I'm not planning on going to be hucking it anyway. Just making an "attempt" at the racing scene. Anyone who knows me knows I shouldn't be on a bike anyway (yes, I said bike, not downhill bike). So things should be interesting. Well, I ramble too much... Just wanted to share

ewiccami

Chimp
Dec 9, 2003
San Diego, CA
Ya, Orv', I'll catch you on Serpent sometime. That's where I'm planning to break her in anyway, sometime very soon... Hopefully she won't break me in instead, though :D

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Awesome bike! Matching lowers always look so good. Some black decals on the fork (like yeti in black over white on the downtube) might make it look even better, though it looks sick sticklerless right now.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Oh ya, those cranks are Raceface Atlas'. I'm not planning on going to be hucking it anyway. Just making an "attempt" at the racing scene.
Bearclaw and Klassen were hucking on the AM versions of that crank, and Peat was racing on them. I'm sure they'll be the right choice