Quantcast

Beer companies that advocate MTB

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
As you probably know (and are most likely sick to christ of hearing about it), a bunch of us did a 24 hour race this past weekend. The main sponsor was the Harpoon Brewery out of Boston. They provided lots of free beer at the race. Harpoon seems to be heavily involved in mountain biking in New England, be it by sponsoring various events or donating to NEMBA. Seems like every MTB event you go to in New England, there is Harpoon representation there. Splat tells me one of the main guys at Harpoon is a MTB'er, thus the Harpoon involvement in the MTB community.

So it just got me wondering what other breweries around the country are advocates/sponsors of mountain biking. Name some and I'll buy their beer. :)

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
wachusett brewing company in westminster. a few of my buddies race on a team in which they are the main sponsor. and the beer is delicious too.:happydance:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Firestone Walker brewing sponser the Firestone MTB classic in Santa Barbara
New Belgium Brewing sponsors the Santa Barbara bike festival.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Red Hook sponsors most of the Epic events here in AZ. I know New Belgium (Fat Tire) is hosting a bike festival (Tour de Fat) in Tempe next month.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Lagunitas is hooking up a dh racer friendof mine with beer. No actual money goes his way, but he has more beer than he knows what to do with.

And Firestome Brewery in Santa Barbara helps host a local race.

Both companies make kickass beer!

New Belgium does tons of cycling support in the Bay Area

Sierra Nevada sponsors a (pro?) road team.

Kokanee supported the Dropin tour and Crankworx this year.

The Ito

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
The local Budweiser wholesaler always hooks up with cases and cases of beer for the MS150. He's usually good for cash for race prizes and beer for workdays. Though the keebosh got put on that because of liability issues.

The local Samuel Adams wholesaler has sponsored the winter series a couple of times.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Bells Brewery in Michigan I believe it is sponsors a race team - and those lucky racers on that team get custom race frames from Scott Quiring - a racer and framebuilder who does amazing work.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Davidson Bros. sponsors a lot of local cycling events as well. Glens Falls Downtown Crit., Ididaride, Garnet Hill XC race (when it existed)....