Quantcast

Beer For Kids

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
So now all the kids need is a bar to go to and a vending machine that despenses those old school bubble gum cigarettes that blew smoke. Hell, while we're at it lets get some kids crack, possibly kids meth???

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
SkaredShtles said:
There's something to be said for demystifying alcohol. I'll bet we'd be alot better off if booze wasn't some crazy "forbidden" fruit.

Thanks to organized religion for that mess. :mad:

You're right, let's demystify alcohol for a 6 year old :nuts:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
zod said:
You're right, let's demystify alcohol for a 6 year old :nuts:
It starts somewhere. Why not early? I'll bet kids in Europe start getting sips of beer and wine earlier than that.

Responsible consumption is something that needs to be started early in life.

This has *nothing* to do with getting liquored. For most of the world, alcohol has a more important place in culture.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
"Even kids cannot stand life unless they have a drink," reads the product's advertising slogan."

Wow! So the Japanese really are as dumb as us.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
"Even kids cannot stand life unless they have a drink," reads the product's advertising slogan."

Wow! So the Japanese really are as dumb as us.
I think we should let someone in Japan who has some insight into their culture comment on this. My guess is that more than a little has been lost in translation. :rolleyes:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:
It starts somewhere. Why not early? I'll bet kids in Europe start getting sips of beer and wine earlier than that.

Responsible consumption is something that needs to be started early in life.

This has *nothing* to do with getting liquored. For most of the world, alcohol has a more important place in culture.
:thumb:

Go home and give your kids some vodka shots. You'll be a better parent for it! :)

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
SkaredShtles said:
I agree. I have a German ex girlfriend who had big family gatherings and they would drink all day and night and have fun and talk and sing, but they weren't pounding beers and each other like some of my family gatherings...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
I think we should let someone in Japan who has some insight into their culture comment on this. My guess is that more than a little has been lost in translation. :rolleyes:
Good point.

Still, all cultural BS aside, it seems pretty stupid to market beer-like products to kids.

Flakey Jake

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Chico
Kinda reminds me of Candy Cigarettes back in the day. They are definitely a different culture than we are. I doubt that political correctness has made its way to their shores. I'm waiting for political correctness to leave our shores. :D

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Senôr Lopez said:
So now all the kids need is a bar to go to and a vending machine that despenses those old school bubble gum cigarettes that blew smoke. Hell, while we're at it lets get some kids crack, possibly kids meth??

Don't need to worry about that....already happening...only it's not un-harmful.... :nuts: :mad:

Did anybody actually read the article??

It was an existing sweet beverage "The drink started out as Guarana, a cola beverage". It was simply renamed. Getting all excited because kids are drinking 'kids beer' is like getting excited over kids drinking 'rootbeer', or 'Sparkling Cider'.

I'll agree the marketing campaign is a little disturbing...."Even kids cannot stand life unless they have a drink"

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
PsychO!1 said:
Did anybody actually read the article??

It was an existing sweet beverage "The drink started out as Guarana, a cola beverage". It was simply renamed. Getting all excited because kids are drinking 'kids beer' is like getting excited over kids drinking 'rootbeer', or 'Sparkling Cider'.

I'll agree the marketing campaign is a little disturbing...."Even kids cannot stand life unless they have a drink"
We don't respond well to logic...

:think:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Albeit it seems pretty silly, Guarana the drink from Brazil is extremely good. :D Better than any American cola I've ever had and has probably 4+x the amount of caffeine than just about any drink that is normally sold in the US. :p