Quantcast

Beer. Part 2.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Would it kill you to try something dark?

Some tasty stuff there though.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I get bored of just having IPAs and the like all the time. I enjoy them, but need to mix it up.

Either way, you've got a lot of tasty beer there.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Youngsters... :rofl:
Actually, we're bringing these up to share with Jenn's dad and he doesn't like porters and stouts either :p. It's not that I dislike them, they're just not usually my favorite.

So we're double linking to see a full size now huh? :confused:
There's a recurring issue with the thumbnailing application that does the resizing. It had a very inconvenient tendency to crash the server.

The images don't currently link to a full size... at least, they don't for me :confused:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm curious as to what you think about the Hop Wallop. I'm still working my way through a 6 of it, and I'm unimpressed. Too much cascade hops, not enough else. It's too fruity, and not balanced enough IMO.

What Rogue is that? Don't recognize the bottle.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It's the St. Rogue Red. I'm pretty interested to try it, actually.

I have a bomber of Dead Guy in the 'fridge for football today :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
On my way to my sister's place there was a Wegmans in PA. THey had one of the best microbrew selections I've ever seen.

Attatash white, Franzskaner Dubbel, Delirium Noel...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
:rofl:

You should have seen the place we got all of this beer from.

That's the place, and that's a nice, low resolution shot. The place looks like a run down truck stop. Yet you walk inside and they have the most incredible beer selection with make-your-own six packs.

They also have, and I wish I had thought to take a picture, 3 liter bottles of Stone Double Bastard there. It was like $70 but it was giant. Found a picture of one:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey BV, I've been to the Stone brewery and I've had that sh*t FRESH!

When I lived in SoCal my roommate and I would make trips there and fill up growlers. We had like 8 growlers so it was worth the ~2 hour drive. Ever have the oaked arrogant bastard or the imperial russian stout? :drool:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The oaked arrogant bastard was good, but I didn't like it better than the regular arrogant bastard. The double bastard is pretty awesome, though.

I've never even seen the stout.

I think if I lived near Stone or Bear Republic, it would be really bad news for my liver. It's probably just as well I live on the east coast :p

I am thoroughly excited to try the 15th anniversary wood aged double IPA from Great Divide.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
BV have you ever been to Maine? There's a brewery up there called Atlantic Brewing that is among the best beer I've ever had. Next time I'm there I'm gonna buy probably 4 or 5 cases. Maybe more.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BV have you ever been to Maine? There's a brewery up there called Atlantic Brewing that is among the best beer I've ever had. Next time I'm there I'm gonna buy probably 4 or 5 cases. Maybe more.
Never heard of it. My sister lives up in Portland and my mom lived in Bangor for a while, I used to vacation in Bar Harbor as a kid... but I haven't tried any of their beer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Never heard of it. My sister lives up in Portland and my mom lived in Bangor for a while, I used to vacation in Bar Harbor as a kid... but I haven't tried any of their beer.
Yea, they are based right outside of Bah Hahbah. Its such popular beer that very little of it ever makes it off the island.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:rofl:

You should have seen the place we got all of this beer from.

That's the place, and that's a nice, low resolution shot. The place looks like a run down truck stop. Yet you walk inside and they have the most incredible beer selection with make-your-own six packs.

They also have, and I wish I had thought to take a picture, 3 liter bottles of Stone Double Bastard there. It was like $70 but it was giant. Found a picture of one:

i guess it is a shame for you that north carolina prohibits the sale of utopias.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
The Wegmans 10 minutes from my house decided to turn the floral dept into a micro brew heaven, it pretty nice! There is another beer store with a sligtly better selection but Wegmans has better prices.

I am with BV, the oaked bastard is no better than the regular and double the price for the Oaked is just stupid.

The Russian Imperial Stout is one one hell of a beer. I was actually talking about buying a case of 22oz bottles last night. The Bittersweet chocolate stout they released last winter was pretty good too.