Quantcast

beer trades, anyone?

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
Does anyone do any trading on beer forums? Thinking about signing up on a forum and trying my hand at it. I just did my first beer trade via IG.

I can see myself getting into this.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
bummer. shipping is the only aspect of it i do not like.

anywho, i have some pliny and barley wine bourbon county i am looking to trade for any other bourbon county variants. i have been trying to track down BC for so long. :mad:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
well, now that you mention Pliny i may reconsider coming out of retirement. i have a well padded scientific equipment box that i use for shipping.

i have some 2012 homebrew barleywine that turned out kickass and has aged well. i'm in the greater philly area and have easy access to troegs, victory, stuff like that.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
bummer. shipping is the only aspect of it i do not like.

anywho, i have some pliny and barley wine bourbon county i am looking to trade for any other bourbon county variants. i have been trying to track down BC for so long. :mad:
if you do have pliney, I bet I could be the middle man and set you up with someone to get you some heady topper.....

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
well, now that you mention Pliny i may reconsider coming out of retirement. i have a well padded scientific equipment box that i use for shipping.

i have some 2012 homebrew barleywine that turned out kickass and has aged well. i'm in the greater philly area and have easy access to troegs, victory, stuff like that.
nice! i will check out seekabrew.com and see what you can get. i will get back to you!
if you do have pliney, I bet I could be the middle man and set you up with someone to get you some heady topper.....
heady is a bucket list beer. safe to assume he is not on this forum?

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
nice. well, i will shoot you my contact info via message.

edit:
well, shit. i cant figure out how to do it. i will look into it after work today.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
My buddy used to do a lot of beer trading through BeerAdvocate but I don't think he does it anymore. He says that it used to be fun but now a days there are too many hipster self-proclaimed craft beer aficionados searching for all the typical "top rated" beers.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
My buddy used to do a lot of beer trading through BeerAdvocate but I don't think he does it anymore. He says that it used to be fun but now a days there are too many hipster self-proclaimed craft beer aficionados searching for all the typical "top rated" beers.
i actually signed up for beer exchange a week or two ago. i would say his comment is pretty spot on, it seemed most people's ISO list were alot like others: the current, sought after 'flavor' of the week.