Quantcast

Beer.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Shyrmp sent me Stone ales last year for Secret Santa. I liked them all.

You posted in the wrong spot though, BV. ;) God, you mods do whatever you want around here. :D
Naw, the beer and food forum should be deleted anyways. I want to stock up soo bad currently, but I am waiting untill we are done moving, hopefully we will be all finiushed up with escroe and moving by next tuesday. The I can stock up the garage fridge and post up my Full beer pic

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Oh, you're in college? That's cool.
I don't think $80 worth of specialty beers is synonymous with drunken college shenanigans.

Also, yes, the Two-Hearted ale is awesome. A bunch of those (including the Stone's Oaked ale) I haven't tried yet - looking forward to sampling many of them :D

A bunch are gifts for Jenn's dad and brother when we go up for Christmas.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hmm. i must have not gotten the memo to the effect that i had to stop loving beer once i finished with "skewl." glad i dodged that bullet.

or did misinterpret your post?
nono....everyone in college used to display every bottle of liqour they ever drank on their shelf/cupboard/mantle, especially when filled with multi colored highlighters.

Good choice in beer, but I had to giggle at the display, that's all.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I see you have two beers from the "Heavy Seas" series, the Loose Cannon and the Winter Storm. 'Round here where they're brewed, you can get the "Heavy Seas Sunken Sampler" which is a 12-pack that contains 3 beers each of 4 different Clipper City Heavy Seas beers, all of which range from between 7.5% - 10.0% ABV. They are my personal favorite local brewery and are always present at the local brewers festivals and have special events on the Inner Harbor's resident Clipper Ship summertime booze cruises. I have finished a whole 12-pack Heavy Seas Sampler by myself twice and on both occasions, I was left unfit to operate velcro.

:drool: ==> http://www.ccbeer.com/beerlist/Heavy+Seas

Haitiracers

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Reading, PA
Quite a nice selection. I just had the Heavy Seas sampler pack and it was awesome. I highly suggest getting some stuff from Southern Tier in that lineup though. Much like Bell's pretty much everything they make is outstanding and a bit different. My favorites by Southern Tier are Pumking Ale, which it's a bit too late in the season for but probably my favorite beer ever. Their Gemini Imperial is AWESOME which is a mix of Hoppe and Unearthly ipa. They also have a seasonal out now called Krampus christmas ale, and is the best hoppy lager I've ever had.

Also notable is the Old Man Winter ale...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If you haven't already, check out Bells Amber Ale.

Ruination IPA and Terrapin India Brown Ale FTW
They had some Bell's Amber Ale on tap at the place I got all of these, and I had a Bell's IPA last weekend... both delicious :thumb:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Nice looking collection of beers there BV.

Since I haven't had a beer in five months, here 's a picture of Martha Stewart gettin down with a Forty.
So hawt !

Last edited:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
They had some Bell's Amber Ale on tap at the place I got all of these, and I had a Bell's IPA last weekend... both delicious :thumb:
being only 30 mins from Pittsburgh, i've been diggin some of the Penn Brewey's products. the Penn Dark (btw voted best dark beer in the world 'World Beer Cup 2000') is awesome, i highly recommend it to anyone who has access to it.

i'm easily satisfied with a 12pk of Magic Hat #9 usually though :biggrin:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
One critical one I do not see is the Stone Smoked Porter. I disapprove of this post.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
One critical one I do not see is the Stone Smoked Porter. I disapprove of this post.
I've never been a big fan of porters. The beer store does carry it, though.

chicodude; I have been informed that it's the last bottle of the SN Harvest in the county. It certainly was the last one in the store, tucked away - Jenn spotted it and snatched it up. It's being given to her father but I will be finagling a taste of it for sure!

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
That looked like the selection in my kitchen last night. Invited my employees over for a big BBQ dinner (catered) and a large variety of beer.

If someone screams out "I had sex" and another one is googling "alabama hot pocket", does that make me a bad boss?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
chicodude; I have been informed that it's the last bottle of the SN Harvest in the county. It certainly was the last one in the store, tucked away - Jenn spotted it and snatched it up. It's being given to her father but I will be finagling a taste of it for sure!
I dunno about that...I'm sure I could find a bottle around here...But its a bit easier for me...:biggrin: