Quantcast

Beers I tried last week

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Thanks to a suggestion from narlus, I hit up a beer bar in San Francisco that offered all kinds of fine beers on tap and in bottles. I wrote down a few that I tried (all taps)...

Greenbud, from Moonlight Brewing Company (San Francisco)

Big Daddy IPA, from Speakeasy Brewery (San Francisco)

Oktoberfest, Spaten Brewery (Munich, Germany)

Deuce IPA, El Toro Brewery, (Bay Area, CA)

These were all awesome beers, but I'll be damned if I remember the flavor details of all of them. I mean, you tend to forget after three or eight beers. I tried a couple others too, but I didn't write them down. Do any of the ones I mention ring a bell with anyone?

Anyway, trying new beers is fun, especially at $2.50 a pint.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BikeGeek said:
The Spaten is the only one of those I've had. The Oktoberfest is mighty tasty, as is their Optimator.
I had never even heard of the other three. I told the bartender what I liked for beer and he recommended some for me. Those bartenders knew their stuff. :)

I like beer.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I Are Baboon said:
I like beer.
Me too. I've been drinking Troegs Hopback Amber Ale lately. I've always avoided "hoppy" beers, but with this one I've discovered that beer can have a nice floral, hop flavor without being overly bitter.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I have had the Spaten Optimator, and it is pretty good for a bock. I see the Oktoberfest around quite a bit but have not had it yet.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Big Daddy is one of my faves. In fact I love just about everything from Speakeasy. Not only is the beer good but Andy the brewer is a really cool guy.

And Narlus, if you ever come out to the Bay Area the first round at the Toronado is on me!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
Gents - if you ever make it out to Denver, be sure to stop in at a place called the Falling Rock Tap House. Sounds like the same kinda joint.
:think:

they didn't rename Rock Bottom (cough, CHAIN, cough), did they?

OGRipper, i would love to down a pint or three @ toronado. probably won't be gettin back out to SF in the future (my buddy moved to LA last month from SF) but you never know.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
:think:

they didn't rename Rock Bottom (cough, CHAIN, cough), did they?
Good God no. Rock Bottom is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to brewpubs.

The Tap House is mainly a beer joint. I think they might serve food, but don't know. They are *not* a brewery - they only serve beer.

Here is an "out of date" list.........

http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/beerlist.html

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
aye, that's a good one. :thumb:

i think one of the family members of the theakston brewery split off and now brews Black Sheep ale...it's worth seeking out.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
narlus said:
aye, that's a good one. :thumb:

i think one of the family members of the theakston brewery split off and now brews Black Sheep ale...it's worth seeking out.
will definitely keep an eye out, cheers for the sudgestion :thumb: