Quantcast

before and after... or, fun with spray paint!

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
Dope. You should throw some blue on that seat collar too, it would look sick imo. I've been thinking of rattlecanning my frame as well, and probably the bars too. I'm thinking either a teal/turquoise, or maybe even chrome. I've kind of always wanted a chrome bike.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Nice job! Looks very colorful. :)
Paint that seat post clamp!
And maybe the seatpost? <--- not very common, might look cool

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thanks guys!

Yea, the seatpost clamp is definitely getting swapped out. Probably the post too (to something ano'd, paint jobs on a post wouldn't last), but at least for now its black so it goes with anything. I was also thinking about painting the cranks to match the bars/fork, but for the amount of wear and tear cranks see I'm not sure it'd be worth it. Maybe if I had access to some cheap powdercoating...

I also entertained the idea of painting the front rim to match the frame, but I think that might be a little much, especially with a chrome rear rim.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
call me boring but I like the before better, the new color scheme looks like an easter egg. I'm just not a fan of pastels and not matching.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
call me boring but I like the before better, the new color scheme looks like an easter egg. I'm just not a fan of pastels and not matching.
yea the red bits were what I had. Wasn't sure how well an ano'd sprocket and stem would take to spray painting.

The easter egg comment reminds me of college... one year at easter one of my roommates got a care package from his mom for the holiday. For some reason, one of the things she sent him was water balloons, which for some reason had a shark on the package. When I saw them, the first thing out of my mouth was "Jesus died so this shark could sell us water balloons" :D

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
dunno, I like raw, so the before is more appealing to me while the after certainly does seem to live up to the current's bmx fashion; but in both cases I do not like mettallic red.

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
I like both.
But, if I was you, I would've swapped the yellow and blue/teal around. That is a weird pale yellow, and there is just too much of it, IMO.
Still snazzy, though!
EDIT:
Maybe something like this?

haha.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
But, if I was you, I would've swapped the yellow and blue/teal around. That is a weird pale yellow, and there is just too much of it, IMO.
I actually thought about doing it the other way around. I messed around with it in photoshop before I started painting anything. I liked it the way I painted it better.

I went with the pale yellow because I wasn't diggin' on a bright yellow.

Thankfully, spray paint is cheap :D