Quantcast

before and after

ryzman

Chimp
Aug 23, 2011
my 2010 redline monocog 29er
before:

and after:

the shimano cranks are amazing... so rigid and strong feeling... no flex at all... The FSA the pig dh pro headset does its job and the bb7s are really great value considering just how much better than stock v brakes they are... I was able to squeeze a 42t chainring on the inside of the crankarm which was a nice surprise as i thought it was not going to fit initially and have to mount it on the outside. jagwire ripcord brake lines (wow what a pain to install) and ergon grips. after i removed the brake hangers and braze ons, the powder coater did a nice job to hide any trace of them. all in all its really a great bike and i love it...

ryzman

Chimp
Aug 23, 2011
no its my commuter... i will convert it back to offroad when i graduate and start hitting some trail rides... ill probably end up going with an internally geared rear hub and possibly hydraulic brakes. the headset and cranks are already bullet proof. ya to be honest it is pretty rough on hills but the gearing is perfect for the flat. i almost wish i had a 44 14 gear ratio but will settle with 42 16 as it fits and works well...
the shimano slx cranks really are awesome... im amazed at the difference between the old and the new. i will never go back to square taper bbs...