Quantcast

### Before the butt crack o dawn monderp ###

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Ours is paid out every 6 month. Annually/between the two comes to about 25% base usually.

but ain't no one paying me 200% bonuses sadly

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I think her bonus is target 20%. Not really unheard of at her level and in our industry, but still pretty fucking good. Apparently this place rewards their employees and their success in the clinical space trickles back to the people. It's like...if you're paid well, you won't move around and might work hard...or something.
Well that just sounds ludicrous. People should want to work at a job because of more than just money, benefits, or any semblance of mutual respect.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
it was never an xmas bonus.
At my corporate megalith it started as a Xmas bonus. Then it got adjusted to a year end bonus. Then corporate parents said accounting needed to close the year to confirm operations, so bonuses became payable at the end of January. Then someone decided they needed the first quarter operations numbers before determining bonuses, so they started paying out in April. Of course, you can’t leave in that window and still get paid out, so it became a retention device.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
yea, once you get into management level the bonuses are what really drive up compensation
This. Wifey's contractual bonus is 20% min. At executive level you get all sorts of negotiating aspects you would never think of. Like, mandatory annual raises that are minimum matching CPI-Denver.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I just hit my 20 year anniversary with my company.

I got $200 worth of "points" for the rewards store thing they use.
I got $250 worth of points at my 5 year. You can imagine how it goes up from there.

Hell, we can now grant those points to other colleagues for good performance. That's how I wound up with a thousand dollar espresso machine and grinder setup.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I got $250 worth of points at my 5 year. You can imagine how it goes up from there.

Hell, we can now grant those points to other colleagues for good performance. That's how I wound up with a thousand dollar espresso machine and grinder setup.
I have $30 of points each month I can donate to people, separate from my own balance.

I'm likely to just get a visa card with them from them rather than buy anything from the site itself.

You gonna buy a glow-in-the-dark dildo?
So they can fuck me over again? :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have $30 of points each month I can donate to people, separate from my own balance.

I'm likely to just get a visa card with them from them rather than buy anything from the site itself.
The limits are different for us. Our limit is $1000/year max that we can receive. Plus they are subject to manager approval by the manager of the person sending it.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
People here spell "dropper" as "drooper" and it makes me laugh every time I see an ad for one.

1639449414907.png

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Screenshot_20211213-222406_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211213-222321_Chrome.jpg

interesting....i left these in the shopping cart on the site and forgot about them....four hours after the sale is done....click cart....still able to buy...

three more total....plus the glenn e friedmann print...done christmas shopping for myself...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
People here spell "dropper" as "drooper" and it makes me laugh every time I see an ad for one.

View attachment 168781
well

now I can't call it anything but....

In the theme of middle aged dudes who decide to start an instagram-based lifestyle brand based on denying age, getting like, all motivated and shit, and lifting heavy things to compensate for the less sex they get: I'm starting a new inspirational brand myself. It's key tenets are going to bed at 9pm, enjoying a nice bowl of soup, and learning to just say "that seems excessive, lets just watch a movie instead." Merch soon.....

owithurts.jpg

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
well

In the theme of middle aged dudes who decide to start an instagram-based lifestyle brand based on denying age, getting like, all motivated and shit, and lifting heavy things to compensate for the less sex they get: I'm starting a new inspirational brand myself. It's key tenets are going to bed at 9pm, enjoying a nice bowl of soup, and learning to just say "that seems excessive, lets just watch a movie instead." Merch soon.....

View attachment 168787
Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-1024x1280.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Quick kart session for Haley after school, because she wanted to try out her new helmet. She was freaking out at how clear the lens is and walking to her kart was visibly more confident. She laid down her 5 fastest lap times back to back, dropping another .5sec/lap. She got out of her kart, jumping up and down squealing, because she was so happy to have broken 27s/lap (now at 26.836s/lap). Track record for jr's is ~25.5, so she's got a target, but a ways out.

She told the manager today that "once I break 26, I'm going to set the record". I've never seen her this focused or competitive to something, ever. Her skiing is fun, peer competition. But this is hard target, self-driven competitiveness. It's kinda cool to see (and a little scary, honestly)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Quick kart session for Haley after school, because she wanted to try out her new helmet. She was freaking out at how clear the lens is and walking to her kart was visibly more confident. She laid down her 5 fastest lap times back to back, dropping another .5sec/lap. She got out of her kart, jumping up and down squealing, because she was so happy to have broken 27s/lap (now at 26.836s/lap). Track record for jr's is ~25.5, so she's got a target, but a ways out.

She told the manager today that "once I break 26, I'm going to set the record". I've never seen her this focused or competitive to something, ever. Her skiing is fun, peer competition. But this is hard target, self-driven competitiveness. It's kinda cool to see (and a little scary, honestly)
tell'er Vin says welcome aboard

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Bought a trailer assuming it would need some loving. Assumption was correct. Hoping to get it back together by the weekend. Local bike club just bought 16 acres adjoining the property that out local trails are. I was voluntold that I get to rough in the new parking lot. Super neat.
87523E2B-F2BA-49A1-8E31-BD50CD89B620.jpeg

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
well

View attachment 168787
Hah. about a decade ago my buddy started making stickers for our annual memorial day skate trips around the northwest.