Quantcast

beginner bike?

dakota_lyons

Chimp
May 25, 2008
ok, im just getting into DJ, i have been riding downhill for some time now. what would be a good beginner bike, for under 1k? ive looked around but im not sure what is good. if possible, i would like the frame to be aluminum, i dont care fro cro-moly thank you

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
You sure havent been in school for a longtime....Your spelling is worse then mine...But dont worry, it's the internet you dont need to spell good. Look at the Black Market 357.. Is there a reason you want alu over steel.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
if you want a quality used ride and change your mind about steel I will be putting mine up shortly. It's a atomlab gi thats is pretty tricked out. I'll make you a killer deal on it.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
its all about the build and the frame. The p1 is a very cheap frame made out of (pretty sure) straight gauge tubes. Whereas something like the gi as a nice tubeset made by daytona that is butted to reduce weight. The components on the p1 are also cheap (pronounced "heavy"). If you were to put decent components on there it would be quite a bit lighter. Pretty sure there are quite a few steel rigs out there that are lighter then say, a p2 alu.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
its all about the build and the frame. The p1 is a very cheap frame made out of (pretty sure) straight gauge tubes. Whereas something like the gi as a nice tubeset made by daytona that is butted to reduce weight. The components on the p1 are also cheap (pronounced "heavy"). If you were to put decent components on there it would be quite a bit lighter. Pretty sure there are quite a few steel rigs out there that are lighter then say, a p2 alu.
Yep. Gas pipe tubing is another way to describe it. Straight ol' heavy tubing..