Quantcast

Beginner DH rider looking to race

BLH2

Chimp
Jul 5, 2007
Hey guys, I rode Diablo last year a bunch of times. This year I would like to get more serious. I am looking to race in the DH series in the Intro class. What can I expect? Any words of advice? What should I have with me for the race? Any info would be great. Really excited to do this, just a little nervous. Please Help

Cheers

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
You'll see a lot of guys with really expensive bikes, decked out with matching jerseys/shorts but you'll realized that they are as just as fast as you, if not slower. Like ^^ said, don't let that intimidate you. You are biking because it's fun so keep it fun.

Walk the course first and try to find the best lines and determine your points of reference. For example, look for the rock shaped like jesus because you know there is a sharp right off-camber coming immediately after and you need to hang far left to carry the best speed. Don't blow all your energy on practice which will leave you sore and tired for race day.

I like to walk the course with my camera and snap away from start to finish. That way, I can review the course again before I go to sleep.

Find guys in your class and talk to them. They are probably just as nervous as you! good luck!