Quantcast

Beginners Queries

muddy_fox

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
Greetings, just a quick intro - I'm Claire from England and after much trial and error have just become the proud owner of a second hand Muddy Fox Adventurer. It suits me just fine but being rather old has taken some knocks and I am looking to customise it to suit me even better.

I was just wondering whether bar ends are easy to fit or even strictly necessary for low level mountain biking.

Also does anyone know the best stuff for touching up deep scratches on paintwork, can I just use car touchup sticks or is there something aimed at bikes

Finally can I get new transfers for the crossbar, I like having Muddy Fox on my bike, but it is looking a tad tired now...

Cheers Claire xxx :cool:

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
I was just wondering whether bar ends are easy to fit or even strictly necessary for low level mountain biking.
Bar ends just provide extra leverage when climbing. Some people can live without them, it's just personal preference.

Also does anyone know the best stuff for touching up deep scratches on paintwork, can I just use car touchup sticks or is there something aimed at bikes
Auto touchup is fine. Just find a good paint match and sand around the area with fine sandpaper, then touch it up with the paint.

Finally can I get new transfers for the crossbar, I like having Muddy Fox on my bike, but it is looking a tad tired now...
You would have to contact Muddy fox about getting new decals. You could also try to find some on ebay.

muddy_fox

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
Thanks all, will look into those suggestions.

Great forum, been looking for a mountain bike forum that doesn't make beginners feel like idiots for ages.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
muddy_fox said:
Thanks all, will look into those suggestions.

Great forum, been looking for a mountain bike forum that doesn't make beginners feel like idiots for ages.
Mostly if someone is trying to make you feel like an idiot for being a beginner it's because they are pretty clueless themself.
Welcome aboard.

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
muddy_fox said:
Hey Claire. Welcome! I looked for a good forum too for a while, and I love it here. Everyone is so helpful and friendly, not to mention that most of the threads actually pertain to riding which is a nice change:) Ask newbie questions away - we all started out at the same place too, so there's no silly questions; well, I have had some pretty dumb ones but that's besides the point :D Enjoy your bike and ride your heart out!
Kate