Quantcast

Behold Bitches- The Baddest Blindside between Bend and Bromont

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
how does the Blindside perform in terms of suspension??as it's common knowledge , the Bottlerocket doesnt seem to be very good in rock gardens and rough stuff, but what about the Blindside??and how does it pedal??

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Well, the blindside performs pretty much like you would expect for your typical four-bar non horst link bike. Coming from an intense, I can notice that it is more effected by braking forces and does not pedal as well. However, the shock rate seem to have good progression to it, even riding a spring that was too soft for a while I wasnt getting alot of noticeable bottoming. The pivot placement seem to be more designed for a smaller chainring setup, like many people would run with a dual ring guide. That's one reason why I am trying out a 36 on there, to get the chainline a little closer to the main pivot. Overall I am pretty happy with the bike, especially the geo which is pretty much perfect in my book. For 1500 retail, it's hard to argue.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
so how is everyone liking the blindside thus far? I am thinking about going a bit bigger with my bike set up for next year and wanted to get some input...

I would be trading up from a bottlerocket so i expect them to be a bit similar but the thing that scares me is the overall size of the blindside...the seat tube is 2" full inches larger on a small and i like my bikes to be nice and small...Thoughts?

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Absolutly lovinging mine. Kyle and I raced our new ones this weekend and I think Kyle put it best "I took to the Bike like a fish to water." size wise I have a Small BR and Med Blindside both feel and handle very similar, the BS is more stable and obviously more plush. Overall I am blown away by the ride and quality of my Blindside.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
so if im 5'8-5'9 would the small or med be best? I ride a medium bottlerocket and its great...
Depends on how you want to ride it. Mine is a DH spesific so the longer wheelbase and longer top tube is great. If i were to use as a more FR specific then the small would have been better. Like I said though My small BR and Med BS feel very similar size wise and it is an easy trasition(no pun intended) between the two.