Quantcast

Behold, the Velvia!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Wow, vivid is an understatement, shot my first roll the other day and had them scanned. I'm speaking of Fuji Velvia slide film, of course... Nothing great, but the colors it produces are outstanding...You do have to be dead on with exposure though, it's almost as unforgiving as digital in that regard. I'm not terribly happy that the lab's definition of a high-res scan is 3000 pixels at the long edge, but whatever.

This film could rock for urban exploration.

I'm upset with the last one...I should have stopped down the lens to f/22 or something and shot it to keep the sun from intruding too much into the shot.
Oh well.

Got rid of the 6x7 the other day. Need lighting gear, and 35mm slide film is almost as good as 120. And 6x7 is really expensive owing to 10 exposures per roll. And the body sucked for studio work without mirror lockup.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
since this of a similar topic, do you know what films are good for shooting oranges and reds? i'm looking for a film that will be good for shooting sunrises/sunsets.
Velvia.

:biggrin:

I'm going to try some Provia out in a Holga, but I'm under the impression Velvia 50 is about as saturated as it gets (the OP shots were Velvia 100).

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Well, Velvia pushes all colors to crayola levels, but the greens and blues are above and beyond. It also does purple really well, which is quite rare in the neg world. Most of them turn purples blue.

Provia is daylight balanced.