Quantcast

being poor sux...

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
I dont know if any of you have seen what's going on over in the buy/sell area... or saw my stuff on ebay... but I'm selling off all my heavy-duty stuff. that hang-up with the Intense really has been screwing me all summer. Then the $2K car repair bill and tuition in the same month... it was too much.

But dont worry! My K2 has 6" of rear travel, and I'm going to ride it like I dont have a family to come home too. I'll see all of you at Windrock! I'll ride whatever I can on that and maybe things will pick back up for me this winter.

PS- I STILL dont have my M1 frame back! I could have used that $ to pay for school...

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
yeah, i know. I had just gotten an amaizing (to me) bike that wasnt pieced together and/or used and/or a pile of crap.

But any extra $ I get I'll be saving for next season... Maybe I'll have my M1 frame back by then and I can sell it too. :think:

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
well, I'm going to go up there Friday to ride all day. I'm going to try and ride it fast anyway. If I can manage I'm going to enter the race. Just to see how I do. I still have all my 2.5" tires, so that will help a lot. I need the points cauz I'm not doing too bad this season. I think I'm going to pick up a longer travel front fork if I have time...

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
PS- I love trail 2!!!! I like trying something that not everyone (er, uh, almost no one) can ride. I probably wont be that far off you all just because my K2's 6" brakes wont put me at that big of a dissadvantage.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I'm totally joking. We are NOT running the Trail 2 rock garden, but we are doing a course on that side. It's not as fast and steep as the summer course (trail 1), so I don't think you'll be at a huge disadvantage. Plus I'm still trying to recover from my broken arm from the last race there.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
profro said:
I'm totally joking. We are NOT running the Trail 2 rock garden, but we are doing a course on that side. It's not as fast and steep as the summer course (trail 1), so I don't think you'll be at a huge disadvantage. Plus I'm still trying to recover from my broken arm from the last race there.
Sweet, that is good news about the new course.
Will it be ready to ride this weekend??
Doug, I will call you tonight about riding this weekend.

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
I think I'm going to pick up a manitou minute 1:00 due to the travel adjustment... but it would be nice to have an 8" front brake. anybody got an extra/old Hayes 8" rotor for sale? I have everything else I'd need already.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
nuttypoolog said:
I think I'm going to pick up a manitou minute 1:00 due to the travel adjustment... but it would be nice to have an 8" front brake. anybody got an extra/old Hayes 8" rotor for sale? I have everything else I'd need already.
I can't sell it to you as I need to sell the set, but I can let you use an 8 inch Hayes rotor for the race. Let me know.

B

bigkonarider

I have a new 8" Avid rotor sitting around in my spares bin..
I'll have it on me at Bigfoot & Windrock
i'll be on a Bullet/Monster-T w/ Roach pads..
Also i have two Maxxis 2.7" Mobster's SR 60% tread...$5 ea
$10 for the rotor !
Mike :nuts:

nuttypoolog said:

nuttypoolog

Monkey
Apr 3, 2004
Atlanta
Well, my luck couldn't be much worse... the dumba$$ that "won" my bike was a kid playing around. So not only do I have to relist the thing... I lost the $50 fee. :nuts:

on a better note, I put my M1 frame up on MTBR too. what's a good price for the frame and wheel? I put 1175.00, but I have no idea what they're going for these days.

I thank you both for the offer on the rotor. I'm not going to include the front brake with the DHR frame this go-round. I'll put it on the K2 for what looks to be a mud bath of a Series Final. If it rains, I vote to race pn trail 2! Might as well go out in a bang, eh'!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
It won't be a mud bath. That place drains really well, and the rain is supposed to stop by Wednesday night. We'll be good.