Quantcast

Belgium for me birfday

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Cool thing about Germany is that Belgium is 4 hrs away. My wife arranged a 6 day trip there for me birfday - got back Monday:

Spent a couple days in Brussels:

Visited Cantillon Brewery

Visited the Battle of Waterloo site:

Stayed several days In "fvckin" Bruges

Visited this abbey for beer:

Paid our respects to the fallen in and around Ypres:

... and turned 50.

Last edited:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I quite enjoy it and think it is just a smidgen better than Rochefort 10.

Beers we picked up at the grocery mart across from our hotel in Bruges

Last edited:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
man i loved belgium. i really wanna go back.

n8 did you have a chance to check out antwerp or ghent?
Ghent is on the list for our next visit, we heard a lot of great things about it.

I am not sure when we will be back this year, maybe in the fall.. not sure. We have a week long trip to Normandy planned for the week of the June 6 DDay remembrances and a trip to Berlin at the end of Aug. In between we will be hitting up the Alscance region of France (Strasbourg) a few times and another weekend in Munich.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ghent is on the list for our next visit, we heard a lot of great things about it.

I am not sure when we will be back this year, maybe in the fall.. not sure. We have a week long trip to Normandy planned for the week of the June 6 DDay remembrances and a trip to Berlin at the end of Aug. In between we will be hitting up the Alscance region of France (Strasbourg) a few times and another weekend in Munich.
i'd say put antwerp on the list too, if only to see the plantin-moretus museum. my sister lived in atwerp for a while, so when i was visiting that's where i stayed. very nice town.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
i'd say put antwerp on the list too, if only to see the plantin-moretus museum. my sister lived in atwerp for a while, so when i was visiting that's where i stayed. very nice town.
We'll add it.. hell, everything is soooo close together in Europe anyhow - unlike the Southwestern US where we moved from.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We'll add it.. hell, everything is soooo close together in Europe anyhow - unlike the Southwestern US where we moved from.
yea, i could definitely see myself living over there for a while. it's nice, its easy to get around, people aren't stupid americans. my company is headquartered in switzerland, so there's that.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Nice trip.
We lived in NL right on the Belgian and German borders. It was nice to hop over to Belgium to escape the regimentation of the Dutch/Germans.

Normandy is impressive, you'll have a great time.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
thread is lacking in mountains.

Last edited: