Quantcast

Bellingham and surrounding DH trail conditions?

edub13

Chimp
Mar 10, 2011
A group of us are riding for a week starting at Post Canyon, Syncline, Blackrock on this friday. And we are considering coming up to ride, snow permitting, areas around Bellingham. We only have 8" DH bikes with us. Not afraid to pedal/push but shuttle is preffered. Is there any beta on riding lower sections of Galbraith, NF trails or Glacier? We are going to hit up Duthie and Collonade as we have to drop a fella off at the airport on Tuesday. Any other suggestions on places to ride in washington for the rest of next week. Not against muddy, rooty tech dh that doesnt damage the trail surface.

Thanks

BikerBoy28

Monkey
Jul 3, 2006
Bellingham, Wa
Lower galbraith had lots of snow last week, so assuming NF has even more, being higher elevation, thats why I havent been out there yet. move along.

edub13

Chimp
Mar 10, 2011
That is about what I figured. We are still seeing snow at about 4000ft this week here in Oregon. Just trying to find a best viable option. We might just hang here in Oregon or head down to Moab if its a go with their snow. Seems we are just a couple weeks ahead of a good spring thaw yet.

Thanks again.

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
About a month ago we were able to pretty much ride everything in the area. It was crazy for that time of the year. Then, the snow level dropped and most of the hills have snow pretty low.

Right now, I'd definitely say "not worth it" if you're coming from any distance.

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
About a month ago we were able to pretty much ride everything in the area. It was crazy for that time of the year. Then, the snow level dropped and most of the hills have snow pretty low.

Right now, I'd definitely say "not worth it" if you're coming from any distance.
Yeah EB... Feb and March traded places this year. Strange.