Quantcast

Bellingham April 14

elRey

Turbo Monkey
Im going to Bellingham the weekend of April 14 to visit WWU. I know there is a lot of riding in the area but I am not gonna have much time to do a lot of riding. I'm probably going to be there for two days and want to take an afternoon to get a taste of what the area has to offer.

If i do decide to take a bike which one should i take and where should i ride it? Ive got my hardtail and my dh bike. It would be great if there were some dirt jumps or something i could session in town because I'm not sure I want to take a lot of time for a long ride. I know about Mt Galbraith but I am not sure if thats a good choice for the limited amount of time I have.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
you can be up and down galby in 2 hours if you really wanted to especially with a hardtail. the transition/spectrum crew will be out that day (with a bunch of the other monkeys hopefully) doing some trailwork so there will be peeps to show you around. the djs are also in town by the rec center.

SnowMongoose

Chimp
Mar 1, 2007
Bellingham, WA
Yeah, I'm planning on being there, assuming I'm in town.

Part of why Galby is so awesome is how you spend as much or as little time as you want riding it...

Sounds like you should bring the HT if you're pressed for time.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
yeah, sounds like im taking the hardtail. will definitely be at the dirt jumps and will possibly hit up galby if time allows. if im lucky i will get to bellingham mid afternoon on friday the 13th, which is when i will be doing my riding. i know a lot of people are goin to sea otter but if you see a tall kid with black hair and an STP come say "hi" and show me some trails!