Quantcast

Bellingham DJ Park Update (quick photos)

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Well the big line I think needs to be completely re done... only seen a handful of riders attempt it, waste of space... put in something a few more can ride. The two smaller lines are in pretty good shape, dirt still needs to be sifted and right now its kinda wet (damn rain) but they are rideable and in better shape then they were months ago.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
having only ridden there once...i think the big line should have an options (like on the far left but actually on purpose/wider) for mellower jumps, not so much kick for the same distance. or something for fully bikes to actually beable to clear easier...

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
allsk8sno said:
having only ridden there once...i think the big line should have an options (like on the far left but actually on purpose/wider) for mellower jumps, not so much kick for the same distance. or something for fully bikes to actually beable to clear easier...
That far left line is growing popular, and it has gotten fixed up a bit to make it better. However, to be able to really clear it on a F.S. bike you have to pedal extremely hard from the roll-in or go up the street past the skatepark to get speed. The new tabletop line is nice! It will be popular too.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
cove rider said:
ya its got a shiver and i do remember you being there i think. then you and three guys went to ur house when we left
Thats what I thought. Who are those guys on here...? I thought I knew, but I never see them anymore online. Yeah, they came and rode at my house/neighborhood and it was fun. I have never seen a shiver practically bottom out before. :eek:

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
yep yep. um the guy who owns the super 8 is boxxerace and the guy on the P.2 is showa im not sure about everybody else might ask showa he knows. they all dont post much anymore execpt showa. the guy that bottomed the shiver doesnt own that bike though he just wanted to ride it and felt inspired to try that line. the guy who owns it bottoms all the time though

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I don't have to peadal to hard for the far left line but I don't think I could ever hit the big line on my dh bike. I think a bigger starting ramp would be good for the big lines.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
The FAR left line isn't bad... but the big main line I have only seen maybe 3 people hit... and I've only seen Pat do the whole set once, everyone else just does the first jump... I know it's good to have a challenging line but seems like a huge waste of space of only a dozen riders can ride it.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
To the left the big-bike jumps were made, the middle is the big line, to the right pat is planning on making jumps the same height as the big ones, but closer gaps to make them easier, and there will be more space between the take-offs. It's nice to have the big line for when the people with skills are there. ;) When pat was jumping one time cars on the street actually either stopped or slowed down to watch him. What we dont want is to make the jumps too easy...
I think the park is pretty good how it is. And remember, DJ is really meant for hardtails.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
I rarely hit the DJ's o my DH bike, hardtail is usually what I am going for. Believe me even if the big line was smaller I probably wouldnt hit it, just saying with the real estate that line takes up... be nice to see more people riding it, whatever though, just my 2 cents