Quantcast

Bellingham: Galby ride friday?

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
So joel is having a wedding reception on saturday and to make the trip more fun me and pete are bringing our mtb's and thinking of riding on galbrith mtn. and figured since we don't know anything of the trails there some people might want to ride with us and show us around. would be friday morning to early afternoon or so
pm or post here if your interested

and its DH no xc unless you want to walk with us and our dh bikes hehe

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Just to let you two know, you have to do some xcountry to or from the DH on Galbraith...! I wish I was there to ride it with you two; I miss that place.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
hmm, I just got back from B'ham tonight. Tempting though. Take Evolution down to Dan's then hit Trix are for Kids? It's been too long...

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
ArEm7 said:
To the towers? that's a good one. :nuts:
Yeah you can do it, but you better be ripped.
I agree, I can just barely pound the whole thing out non-stop on an XC bike but there's no way you're doing it on a DH rig.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
i've made it to the towers once on my dh bike only having to walk about 100 yards, although I don't want to do it again... some parts you can ride, others you can walk, mix it up and you wont get too tired and wont waste too much time.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
kinghami3 said:
I agree, I can just barely pound the whole thing out non-stop on an XC bike but there's no way you're doing it on a DH rig.
haha, one time I went up the whole way on my hardtail in gear 2-6 from my house. I'm not sure why. :think: :rolleyes: But it's really not that bad.

Trix are for kids, what trail is this?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
dwaugh said:
haha, one time I went up the whole way on my hardtail in gear 2-6 from my house. I'm not sure why. :think: :rolleyes: But it's really not that bad.

Trix are for kids, what trail is this?
It's the short one just after Dan's, has a ladder at the beginning, steep section that shoots you onto a bridge over the creek, had a couple roll-overs, then puts you out onto the road heading towards Kaiser. There's a lot of names for it though.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
ArEm7 said:
To the towers? that's a good one. :nuts:
Yeah you can do it, but you better be ripped.
Ha ha, you need to get out and ride more, you used to ride your RM7 up there. This last weekend I rode my new Demo 8 all the way up except for the last steep stretch to the towers (coulda rode it but didn't feel like it ;) ).

I think my favorite route on the mountain for the big bike is Evolution to Dan's then Flying Squirrel, back up to 911, back up to Shaun's then the last two trails below Shaun's.

I'm also surprised no one has suggested the real DH/FR trails on the "other" mountain. If I was coming up here with nothing but my big bike I would definitely ride there instead of Galby.