Quantcast

Bellingham pic's from Sunday

Well another rad day out on the trail. We decided to head to B-ham and check out the scene. Found some sick stuff and after raking it to clear out all the leaves in order to session it we headed to Galbraith. Someone told me that Galbraith was a good place to ride, however they didn't say there's no DH runs so we pretty much got one heck of a work out... Anyhow, here's some shots of an undisclosed location before our workout ride. Hopefully next time when were up that way we can meet up with some local peeps and maybe hit up snakonia! The rider busting out below is Jacob from Bike Tech in Puyallup. He sleeps, breath's, and eats all applications of biking and is in the process of putting together a dvd in hopes of getting sponsored. One of the nicest guys I've met in Washington, and I'm glad to be his friend! I hope he gets his dream as he would make great edition to a companies pro list!

Starting off:

Jacob: Bike Tech Puyallup

Jacob contemplating Furby's death road gap

Jacob bustin' Furby's

Jacob contemplating a big drop:

Jacob bustin' out:

Landing gave way halting his momentum and slamming him into his bars:

After his hard impact he slammed into his bars and got bucked onto his back sending his bike down into the tree's. When I came up on him he was in the fetus position waiting for the "real" pain to kick in only he was alright except a few bruised ribs. I've never seen anyone take a fall this hard and walk away. Here's a picture of him after I made sure he was OK.

Billy's approach

Billy cleanin' it

Transition's latest pro edition, "M&M" aka Mighty mouse.

DBR X6 RIDER said:
Soft landings are lame...I did a couple earlier in the month - one from 8ft. Thank God for reflexes.
Looks like some fun stuff - need to go up there again real soon. I got a little tease of some of the trails there earlier in the summer.:thumb:
Yeah what sucked is that the landing looked packed down and ready. If we knew it was going to be so soft we wouldn't of hit it. Not just because they suck to land on but to the respect of the builders. We even checked it out and it seemed pretty solid, until afterwards... :eek:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeknomedir said:
Yeah what sucked is that the landing looked packed down and ready. If we knew it was going to be so soft we wouldn't of hit it. Not just because they suck to land on but to the respect of the builders. We even checked it out and it seemed pretty solid, until afterwards... :eek:
It's impossible to replicate the force of a landing from a drop like that or larger. I've walked on stuff that felt rock-solid but just melted under the weight of a landing. At least the builders know that it's rollable and just need to pack the tranny.:p

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
That drop is a good 25 ft. Glad you found it! sorry I couldnt show you but I got a concussion on snakeonia that morning. Nice pics though! I had lots of trouble getting good lighting in those woods

SuperSlow said:
That drop is a good 25 ft. Glad you found it! sorry I couldnt show you but I got a concussion on snakeonia that morning. Nice pics though! I had lots of trouble getting good lighting in those woods
THanks again for the directions. That drop was siiiiick, a bit soft due to rain probably but giagantous just the same. Had I known you would be up early I would of called you around 7 or 8 am to tell you we were on our way up, I just didn't want to be "that guy" who calls early after a saturday night beer session... :nuts: Sorry to hear about the concusion, heal up and will have to come help you cut forest this winter or ride Baker with ya if you board?

Josh

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
SuperSlow said:
If I'm right that drop is 25 feet. How tall was the landing, 3-4 feet? If that is the one (and I think it is because the landing is exactly the right style of building), I know someone (I think he built the drop with his friend) who overshot it and landed nearly in the flat. :dead: