Quantcast

Bellingham, WA ->Nelson, BC ->Whistler, BC Trip Pics (TONS)

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
So, I just got back a few days ago from a fat trip. Was about a month long. I got a ton of riding in. The first stop was Bellingham, WA, then onto Nelson, BC and finally, Whistler.

All of the pictures from Bellingham and Whistler were taken by David Waugh (unfortunately they're all of me:cool: ). Check his site at www.freewebs.com/davidwaugh to peep some schweet photos.

Part 1- Bellingham, WA

Yeah, so in Bellingham we rode at Galbraith for two days, and Chuckanut for one. Most of the pics are from Galbraith, although you will find one of Chuckanut. Some really nice trails out on Galbraith that are flowy and have some nice stunts. We also did quite a bit of riding at the DJ park. Its great that they have a city DJ park up there. Whoever built the jumps built 'em well, too. It was an awesome time there. Tons of fun.

Here are the pics from Bellingham...

Riding on the ladder/log out to the 'Stinger.'

A drop/rolldown after the previous stunt...

Me riding on flowers off a hip at the towers.:p

A trail gap not far from the previous hip.

The top of Evolution.

Riding on a rock d00d.

A stepdown. The landing is just at the edge of the picture.

Dope picture off a wee jump.

The DJ park rocks.

Part 2- Nelson, BC

Some friends of ours live in Nelson.... So I headed up for a visit. The first day there we did a shuttle and got in 4,000 ft of descending! It was sooo nice. We got in a ton of riding. Rode Placenta once, Bedframe once, Highballer a couple times, a lot of trails at Mountain Station, down Idaho Peak (5200'), and other places, too. It was awesome. The terrain is beautiful.

Anyway, here are the pics from Nelson. We took a lot of little videos with my camera, but I don't know if I've got it in me to post 'em.

Ladder in progress near 49'er. Insanely solid construction. Could jump up and down without movement.

Teeter on 49'er.

View from above Upper, Upper Highballer.

Drop that hurt my ankles a bit on Bedframe.

Steep rock on a trail with a name I can't remember. (steeper than it looks)

View from a short hike we took. Nelson is off to the left. (not visible)

Looking off the top of Idaho Peak I think.

A little way down the trail. It was about 5200' of descending.

A gnarly skinny we constructed and hucked off later. (Sorry, no pics of that)

Part 3- Whistler, BC

What can I say? It's Whistler. Great time. Only thing was David broke his collarbone on the first freakin' day. He was confined to taking pics of people in the Boneyard. Get better soon David.

If you can't tell, I love barturns.:thumbsup:

GLC drop.

Last jump on BikerX.

Again.

A hip above the quarter pipe.

Airing off the big box.

Thats all folks. Hope I can do it again next year.

May 30, 2005
A$$pen
Awesome pics... loved the shots around Nelson. I just got back from biking there as well. I believe I actually rode the lift with you a couple times at Whistler.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
funkendrenchman said:
Awesome pics... loved the shots around Nelson. I just got back from biking there as well. I believe I actually rode the lift with you a couple times at Whistler.
Haha, really? What kind of bike were you on?

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
joelsman said:
hey Matt, what trails were the rock riding and the step down on.
The stepdown isn't on a trail. Its off the side of a road in the Geneva area. Sorry, I can't remember the street name. There are a few jumps down there.

The rock ride is on the Chuckanut Ridge Trail. Wouldn't recommend riding the trail, tons of hike a bike.

dft

Chimp
Apr 27, 2004
BikerBoy28 said:
Sweet pics. Nice riding too.
how was the descent from mr idaho, the 5200 foot descent. was it pure singletrack, all down or up in the middle anywhere?

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
dft said:
how was the descent from mr idaho, the 5200 foot descent. was it pure singletrack, all down or up in the middle anywhere?
The descent from Idaho Peak was all singletrack, all downhill as I remember it. The last part was on an old road, but it was still fun to ride. The singletrack part was also all really narrow (for what I'm used to) and switchbacky, with a lot of exposure in areas. Made it kinda scary for me.