Quantcast

ben harper

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

EDIT: and the day I leave Colorado he is playing red rocks.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
been to a few ben shows. Theyre pretty damn fun. the last one i went to, he played at a festival though and the flaming lips blew him out of the water. He's much more enjoyable on his own. I dig his 10 song encores.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
great artist, and if you have ever heard and interview with him, he is extremely intelligent and very gracious of praise!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Very nice guy. I volunteered a bunch of years back at a show he played in San Luis Obispo. I was backstage eating dinner when this guy came up to me and started chatting. I didn't know anything about Ben Harper before the show, so I didn't think twice when he said he had to go and warm. Anyway, the show starts, and you wouldn't believe my surprise when I find out that I had been talking to Ben Harper backstage. It was cool.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
reflux said:
Very nice guy. I volunteered a bunch of years back at a show he played in San Luis Obispo. I was backstage eating dinner when this guy came up to me and started chatting. I didn't know anything about Ben Harper before the show, so I didn't think twice when he said he had to go and warm. Anyway, the show starts, and you wouldn't believe my surprise when I find out that I had been talking to Ben Harper backstage. It was cool.
I've heard the opposite.

But I have no desire to ever meet him, I just like him better live than on cd.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
stevew said:
I've heard the opposite.

But I have no desire to ever meet him, I just like him better live than on cd.
Ahh, perhaps I just caught him on an "off" day. Having met a few other musicians through volunteering, I wouldn't be surprised. I couldn't generalize, but there were just as many nice ones as there were not-so-nice ones.