Quantcast

Bender Broke His Back

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
I cant beleive that there would be any negativity towards a fellow rider. C'mon now, have some compassion for the man. Thrillseeka, you seem like a complete ass, but if you got injured we'd all show you the same support you deserve as a person; ignorant, rediculous, or otherwise. You'd get it. Just pony up and wish the guy well, or dont and shut up.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
the Inbred said:
THRILLSEEKA, how old are you?

and you seem to have a lot invested in this thread for not caring about Bender one way or the other.
I think TRILLSEEKA is a closet Bender fan :nuts: .........he has a lot of time invested here in denial.........:think:

Bender, I don't know him and from my perspective I feel he has done some questionable things. With that said, to him I say thanks for the entertainment and sharing of life. Thanks for at least trying to walk your own talk without excuses. Get well and God bless, see ya on the trails some day.:thumb: :evil:

Tarpon

Monkey
Jun 23, 2004
North Bend, WA
BMXman said:
I find it disturbing that a fellow mountain biker could have serious life altering injuries and people here are still taking shots at him...WTF!!:mumble:
I had two friends with back injuries last year (both had fractured vertebra). I was there for both accidents, it's a very scary thing to witness. Both are okay now, no spinal cord damage.

Good luck to Bender in his recovery. I hope this teaches him to have more respect for his body, him getting seriously hurt was only a matter of time. If this is "taking a shot" at the guy, so be it.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
So sad to see a bunch of little kids talking **** behind the back of a man who is in a hospital as we speak. Dont people have anything better to do then act tuff on a damn forum?
Go find another hobby, you are not bikers. You are just little kids trying to look cool on a bike and act tuff by talking other people down. You probably have no skill and therefore you try and compensate it with your big mouths..

Best wishes to Josh, hope he back on his bike soon.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
THRILLSEEKA said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not THRILLED to hear he got hurt. It sucks that he got hurt...HOWEVER: This is a lot like watching the 4 drunk idiots playing Russian Roulette at a party. I watched one of my best friends of 14 years spray his brains all over his pregnant and crying GF because some kid told him he was a pussy if he didn't do atleast one round. It took me about an hour to get over the sadness, she hated him instantly. Bender is doing the same thing, only the dumb die slowly. So why should I sit here and go "Oh my gosh, the guy who still hasn't learned that he can't land anything got hurt??? Wow. What a shocker." F_ck that, I've got worse things to worry about.
wait wait wait, you are knocking on bender for riding off of cliffs but you hang out with people that get drunk and play russian roulette? yeah thats real smart. alomst as smart as hanging out with a bunch of drunks with guns. if someone said which is smarter, riding off a cliff on your bike and landing in the dirt or getting drunk and playing russian roulette i think i know which one i would choose.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
biggins said:
wait wait wait, you are knocking on bender for riding off of cliffs but you hang out with people that get drunk and play russian roulette? yeah thats real smart. alomst as smart as hanging out with a bunch of drunks with guns. if someone said which is smarter, riding off a cliff on your bike and landing in the dirt or getting drunk and playing russian roulette i think i know which one i would choose.
That's exactly what I was thinking, but didn't want to say it...

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Well, hopefully Bender gets better.

BTW, am I the only one that sees the irony in that someone whose RM handle is THRILLSEEKA is bagging on Bender? :think:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
biggins said:
I think we should cut thrillseeka break after all he's from SOUTH DAKOTA, so to me that really explains a lot.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Brian HCM#1 said:
How is that? He does something he loves and it has no effect on your life or anyone elses but himself. How is the negative exposure?
Because as sad as it is, people sharing a common interest always get lumped together.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
biggins said:
You beat me to it.... however let me add:

THRILLSEEKA said:
I watched one of my best friends of 14 years spray his brains all over his pregnant and crying GF because some kid told him he was a pussy if he didn't do atleast one round. It took me about an hour to get over the sadness, she hated him instantly.
Wait, you let your good friend play Russian roulette next to his pregnant girlfriend and your calling Bender an idiot... pot meets kettle.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
Bulldog said:
You know what they say, if you play with fire...

Honestly, he's just another fool who's giving mountain biking more negative exposure. Lump him in with trail pirates, illegal stunt builders and wreckless riders on multi-use trails. We could do without all of them.
you forgot Lycra wearing haters

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i wish bender a complete and speedy recovery. anyone that knocks him probably has not riden many of his trails and does not understand that he does land a lot of crap he tries. not only that but homeboy was droppin huuuuuuuge before mountain bike mags even put pictures of people droppin huge in print. he does it because he likes it, because that is how he wants to ride and because that is what gives him whatever it is he is lookin for in the sport of mountain biking. Who cares if he gets stoned, who cares if he has a positive view of himself.
as far as i am concerned a true icon and pioneer in the sport of freeride mountain biking has serioulsy injured himself and we need to show support for him and wish him well so that HE can keep doing what HE loves to do on a bike.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
biggins said:
i wish bender a complete and speedy recovery. anyone that knocks him probably has not riden many of his trails and does not understand that he does land a lot of crap he tries. not only that but homeboy was droppin huuuuuuuge before mountain bike mags even put pictures of people droppin huge in print. he does it because he likes it, because that is how he wants to ride and because that is what gives him whatever it is he is lookin for in the sport of mountain biking. Who cares if he gets stoned, who cares if he has a positive view of himself.
as far as i am concerned a true icon and pioneer in the sport of freeride mountain biking has serioulsy injured himself and we need to show support for him and wish him well so that HE can keep doing what HE loves to do on a bike.
Well put. Kings to you, Mondego.

And I really don't care what anyone says, everyone likes to watch Bender, no matter how you feel about him as a rider/person. Be it just to watch him fail, or to watch him go huge, if he's hucking, you're probably going to watch.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Honestly, what the fvck does it matter if you like his riding style. There are a lot of people on this board that I may no agree with, or whatever, but if YOU got hurt, I would care. If someone came on here and says ANYONE broke their fvcking back, I am going to care. Like it or not, we are all bikers. Road, BMX, DH, Trails, XC, Trials, whatever the hell you ride, you still ride a bicycle. get the fvck off your high horse and show some goddamn compassion!

Another Rider is down here people, how the fvck could you come on here and bash his riding when he is up in a hospital in horrible pain looking at many months of recovery time?! Its just unbeliveable to me that you could hear someone hurt themselves, not only not care, but go on to bash them. If we as cyclists can't stick together and feel for each other, than whats the point?

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
BigMike said:
get the fvck off your high horse and show some goddamn compassion!
Its just unbeliveable to me that you could hear someone hurt themselves, not only not care, but go on to bash them. If we as cyclists can't stick together and feel for each other, than whats the point?

Straight up!

stinsonblvd

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Seattle
Sounds like all the big pros are heading to South Dakota to ride with thrillseeka. South Dakota-the next great scene for freeriders! I really dont care if Bender smokes grass or smokes crack, why would you? Are you all upset about Steroids in baseball too? Anyway, get well Bender...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I personally could live the rest of my life NOT SEEING Bender drop again.

I would respect him more if he spends the rest of his life ripping around on a trail bike. Atleast a fellow MTBr would still be around. Odds are not in Benders favor as he tries to go bigger.

He has never inspired me by falling off cliffs. It is like a car wreck you can't help but watch....but I don't chear for it.

Rhino

nmjb

Monkey
Apr 26, 2005
Idyllwild, CA
I wish Bender a full and speedy recovery. Every time I have been around/talked to him he just seemed like another guy who loves riding bikes. Hopefully, he has good health insurance to cover all this.

SLAPSHOT

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
SoCal
THRILLSEEKA said:
This and ONLY THIS is the only form of inspiration I will allow him. And NO, I do not feel bad AT ALL about disrespecting him. He's an idiot and an arrogant ass hole. But I can deal with that, hell, half my crew are idiots, but what I can't handle is the fact that he can't even stradle a bike without blazin up first. I don't care how insane a stunt is, if the rider is stoned he gets no credit from me ever. If you're too scared to do a stunt sober and alert, then maybe that's the mind telling the body that you're in over your head. If ya' gotta be lit up then you shouldn't be doing it. I've ridden with him, I've fought with him, and he can jump off any cliff he can find with my blessing.
"half my crew" what's that all about?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
biggins said:

Good grief... I hate Bender threads...
OK, First, I'm 32, I ride everyday as much as possible and love EVERY aspect of the sport. My whole rush of it is conquering my fears, not smothering them with chemicals. I Do not go by "goodboy" anywhere. I do not HANG OUT at parties where people hold guns to their heads, Jenny called me to come stop him, I got to walk in just in time. And it wasn't as simple as he pulled the trigger and bang, the guy who started it all actually set it up-NOT to kill anyone, but to make a "joke." Apparentll he THOUGHT he put a blank in and he was supposed to have gotten the shot, which would have killed him anyway, but Mike still pulled the trigger fully well knowing that it could end his life and future. Kay?

I DO wantto change my opinion of him as an ass hole, as after we got in our little pushing match, he did try to make it all cool, but he was too f'ed up to make it work and I was really pissed off at the time. But, I've been around him 3 times and he's always an ass, he NEVER rides like he was paid to do, and he sucks when he does cuz he's so baked and/or drunk. BAD REP FOR MTN BIKERS. Not to mention he doesn't rep his sponsors very well.
And HELL YEAH, I'm also jealous as hell, I'm a hack, I crash all the time, but I can also lay down some really sweet stuff and it sticks in my mind. But I don't have people handing me bikes and I don't get 10 page threads when I do something obviously stupid and then get hurt doing it. I don't think he is a good rider, I don't think he deserves his sponsors, and I don't think you should all be so pissed when he gets what he wants: Attention, whether it be bad or good. Done.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Ohh the bi-monthly Bender post, there is nothing better. As for the subject matter, spinal cord injuries are no joke; and I for one do believe in Karma.

As for Thrillseeka, there is nothing more amusing than a guy who calls himself Thrillseeka, bags on Bender's morals, judgement and lack of friends who has a signature about sitting in a jail cell with a best friend, and WATCHED while his friend put a gun to his head and ended his life. Sounds like a great friend with upstanding morals and judgement.

Edit: OK, you walked in at the last minute, but something tells me that groups of people with normal judgement and morals do not end up in situations sitting around tables with guns pointed at their heads. And, half of this thread has become about you and your stupid comments, so maybe you are getting the Bender like representation that you desire.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
This is silly. Thrillseeka, for you it's personal so I can understand why you don't seem to care that he jacked himself. I don't necessarily agree, but I can understand.

But most of us don't know him except as a entertainer, so it's not personal. He has never personally offended me, pushed me, punched me, or blown weed in my face before a run. He's a big figure in our sport and has sparked a lot of meaningful debate. Through his visibility he has inspired lots of people to help move the sport forward - even if they do it to show that he is a hack, the effect is there.

But on a more basic level, he is an injured bike rider. And that's enough for most of us to wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Yeesh.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Pegboy said:
Ohh the bi-monthly Bender post, there is nothing better. As for the subject matter, spinal cord injuries are no joke; and I for one do believe in Karma.

As for Thrillseeka, there is nothing more amusing than a guy who calls himself Thrillseeka, bags on Bender's morals, judgement and lack of friends who has a signature about sitting in a jail cell with a best friend, and WATCHED while his friend put a gun to his head and ended his life. Sounds like a great friend with upstanding morals and judgement.

Edit: OK, you walked in at the last minute, but something tells me that groups of people with normal judgement and morals do not end up in situations sitting around tables with guns pointed at their heads. And, half of this thread has become about you and your stupid comments, so maybe you are getting the Bender like representation that you desire.

:stupid:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
OGRipper said:
This is silly. Thrillseeka, for you it's personal so I can understand why you don't seem to care that he jacked himself. I don't necessarily agree, but I can understand.

But most of us don't know him except as a entertainer, so it's not personal. He has never personally offended me, pushed me, punched me, or blown weed in my face before a run. He's a big figure in our sport and has sparked a lot of meaningful debate. Through his visibility he has inspired lots of people to help move the sport forward - even if they do it to show that he is a hack, the effect is there.

But on a more basic level, he is an injured bike rider. And that's enough for most of us to wish him a speedy and full recovery.

Yeesh.
good stuff right there. one of your most intelligent posts ever. have you been studying? :cool:

drboudreaux

Chimp
Aug 2, 2005
mountains
Bender is a hack. And you know who else is a complete hack? Wade Simmons. Remember when that guy broke his femur trying that gap? What a freaking tool. He should hang it up as well. Pushing himself like that is just stupid. And you know who else, freaking Berrecloth and Super T - those guys suck too. They couldn't ride in the Redbull Rampage that one year because they jacked themselves. Idiots. And freaking Brian Lopes - remember when he couldn't race for an entire season because he jacked himself? Moron.

Well, enough of my rant, I am going to go get drunk and run into oncoming traffic. Half of my crew does that, and they are freaking cool.

THRILLSEEKA, check out www.apa.org

There might be some good reading on there for you. OK, there is some good reading on there for you. And I swear that I have seen some of your crew on Maximum Exposure on Spike TV late at night. Or on stupidvideos.com

For those of you not following my sarcasm, sorry. I am going to go see if I can make a visit to the hospital and see how Mr. Bender is doing. I will post a report when I get back if I can track him down. Get well soon.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
THRILLSEEKA said:
Good grief... I hate Bender threads...
OK, First, I'm 32, I ride everyday as much as possible and love EVERY aspect of the sport. My whole rush of it is conquering my fears, not smothering them with chemicals. I Do not go by "goodboy" anywhere. I do not HANG OUT at parties where people hold guns to their heads, Jenny called me to come stop him, I got to walk in just in time. And it wasn't as simple as he pulled the trigger and bang, the guy who started it all actually set it up-NOT to kill anyone, but to make a "joke." Apparentll he THOUGHT he put a blank in and he was supposed to have gotten the shot, which would have killed him anyway, but Mike still pulled the trigger fully well knowing that it could end his life and future. Kay?

I DO wantto change my opinion of him as an ass hole, as after we got in our little pushing match, he did try to make it all cool, but he was too f'ed up to make it work and I was really pissed off at the time. But, I've been around him 3 times and he's always an ass, he NEVER rides like he was paid to do, and he sucks when he does cuz he's so baked and/or drunk. BAD REP FOR MTN BIKERS. Not to mention he doesn't rep his sponsors very well.
And HELL YEAH, I'm also jealous as hell, I'm a hack, I crash all the time, but I can also lay down some really sweet stuff and it sticks in my mind. But I don't have people handing me bikes and I don't get 10 page threads when I do something obviously stupid and then get hurt doing it. I don't think he is a good rider, I don't think he deserves his sponsors, and I don't think you should all be so pissed when he gets what he wants: Attention, whether it be bad or good. Done.

To bad you wern't the one playing RR.
End yourself kooK

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
drboudreaux said:
Bender is a hack. And you know who else is a complete hack? Wade Simmons. Remember when that guy broke his femur trying that gap? What a freaking tool. He should hang it up as well. Pushing himself like that is just stupid. And you know who else, freaking Berrecloth and Super T - those guys suck too. They couldn't ride in the Redbull Rampage that one year because they jacked themselves. Idiots. And freaking Brian Lopes - remember when he couldn't race for an entire season because he jacked himself? Moron.

Well, enough of my rant, I am going to go get drunk and run into oncoming traffic. Half of my crew does that, and they are freaking cool.

THRILLSEEKA, check out www.apa.org

There might be some good reading on there for you. OK, there is some good reading on there for you. And I swear that I have seen some of your crew on Maximum Exposure on Spike TV late at night. Or on stupidvideos.com

For those of you not following my sarcasm, sorry. I am going to go see if I can make a visit to the hospital and see how Mr. Bender is doing. I will post a report when I get back if I can track him down. Get well soon.
And lets not forget how stupid Michael Gronholm, Francois Duval, and other drivers are for always crashing and going too fast, also Mike Metzger, Travis Pastrana, Richie Carmichael, Buba Stewart for getting hurt in their Dirt bikes after jumping more than one pound of cheese contrary to what THRILLSEEKA wants every body to jump.
sarcasm as well

drboudreaux

Chimp
Aug 2, 2005
mountains
For those who genuinely care -

I stopped by and saw him in the hospital today. He is doing OK. That is all that I will say for now. When I get a chance to talk to him for a longer time, I will give a more thorough update.

For those who don't -

Get over yourselves. You all have serious issues if you can't gird up an ounce of care for another rider, especially when 99% of you only know of him from videos and forum message boards. He is a genuinely nice guy who loves mountain biking. We should be so lucky to have the passion for this sport that he does.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
drboudreaux said:
For those who genuinely care -

I stopped by and saw him in the hospital today. He is doing OK. That is all that I will say for now. When I get a chance to talk to him for a longer time, I will give a more thorough update.

For those who don't -

Get over yourselves. You all have serious issues if you can't gird up an ounce of care for another rider, especially when 99% of you only know of him from videos and forum message boards. He is a genuinely nice guy who loves mountain biking. We should be so lucky to have the passion for this sport that he does.
Good to here Bendy is doing OK.
As for this thrillseeker clown, I have ridden and hung with Bender. He is a nice guy, unlike what a$s head says. Like it or not, Bender threads are always huge. Everytime i see one pop up, i find thrillseeker trying to divert the attention to himself.
Bro we have heard your Bender story a hundred times, and we are proud of you. Why don't you post another 50 times in this thread, so everyone will give you the attention you deserve.